It is the weekend and I am in the mood to indulge myself. This week has been all about indulging myself. Started with my LOADED vegan tostada followed by these mini tacos by Julie. Somewhere in between, there were margaritas and nachos.
The best way to end this week is with roasted pineapples served a-la-mode! There is nothing better than warm pineapple over delicious butter pecan ice cream. However, you can use these pineapples any way you like. In fact, I am going to use these roasted pineapple in a delicious appetizer coming next week. It may or may not having something to do with bagels.
For now, allow me to introduce you to the roasted pineapples recipe
1) For this recipe, I am using canned pineapples. If you have access to fresh pineapples, use them instead
2) Preheat oven to 400 degrees
3) Take 1/2 a cup of Earth balance butter in a bowl and microwave it for 30 seconds. I use a bowl that was big enough for me to dip one pineapple round. You can also use coconut oil instead of the earth balance butter.
4) Add 2 tsp of Rum. Rum is optional but it really brings out the flavor of roasted pineapples.
5) Add 2 tsp of brown sugar and mix well.
6) Prepare a baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray and set aside
7) Dip the whole pineapple round in the bowl. Make sure you coat it evenly. Use a fork to make things easier
8) Using the fork, pick up the dipped pineapple and place it on the baking sheet
9) Repeat steps 6 and 7 for the second pineapple
10) If there is any liquid left over, use 2 more pineapple rounds
11) Place the baking sheet in the oven and roast for 20 minutes or until the pineapple starts to brown. Remove it from the oven and flip the pineapple. Roast for another 10 minutes or until that side starts to brown.
12) Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
Top with ice cream and serve immediately.