Roasted Broccoli With Potatoes With Tons Of Garlic
Every recipe I have made with “tons of garlic” has been a giant hit. Case in point: My Pizza Sauce recipe. This recipe has fresh veggies roasted and pureed, but, is that the motivating factor? Oh no!! It is the “tons of garlic” which has made all of you drool. I have had readers tell me that they made my pizza sauce and garlic bread recipes for the same meal! Those 2 recipes combined have enough garlic to wade away vampires for 10 lifetimes.
Second case in point: my garlic butter potatoes. Nobody cares so much about the butter but the “tons of garlic” really gets them to sit up and take notice.
So, I feel it is safe to assume that all of you are ginormous fans of garlic. I wouldn’t be surprised if I saw you consume it with every meal and even as an afternoon snacks. I don’t see anything wrong with that!!
The broccoli and potatoes go into the oven like this….
….. and come out looking like this!
Have I succeeded in making you drool uncontrollably?
For any broccoli recipe, adding a little comfort food always makes even the broccoli haters love the recipe. In this case, the potatoes will lure them into eating these roasted broccoli.
Related: Try my Broccoli Casserole recipe.
How to make Oven Roasted Broccoli with Potatoes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1) Take 2 broccoli crowns and cut them into bite size pieces
2) Take 4 small red potatoes and cut them into bite size pieces. I like to keep the potato skin
3) Finely chop 5 cloves of garlic and put them into a mixing bowl
4) Add the cut broccoli and potatoes to the mixing bowl
5) Add 2 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil to the bowl
6) Add 1 tsp of salt to the bowl
7) Add 1 tsp of each of these dried herbs – Oregano, basil, thyme
8) Add a 1/4 tsp of Rosemary
9) If you are using cayenne pepper and black pepper, add it to the bowl
10) Use two wooden spoons to gently mix all the ingredients together
11) Spread the broccoli and potatoes on a baking tray. Spread evenly and make sure there are very few gaps
12) Place in the oven for 25 minutes or until the broccoli starts to brown. Also, pierce a potato with a knife tip. It should pierce easily
13) Remove from the oven
14) Drizzle 1tsp of lemon juice on the veggies and toss gently
15) Grate Parmesan directly onto the veggie. Go Veggies (affiliate link) makes a great vegan Parmesan cheese.
Serve these roasted broccoli and potatoes immediately.