Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette made using only 4 ingredients. Takes less than 10 minutes to make and perfect healthy dressing for lunch or dinner salad recipe
I have been using pomegranate balsamic vinegar until this weekend when I ran out of it. Now, I had a conundrum to solve. Should I run to the store to get a new bottle or make my own?
“Make my own” won the imaginary coin toss, so, I went to my fridge to find the ingredients. Shockingly (read that with a heavy sarcasm in your tone), I had no pomegranate anywhere in my fridge because it is not pom season here in Florida.
What I had were strawberries left over from my Strawberry Cupcakes recipe where they were used as garnish. You you were in my kitchen at that moment, you would have seen a light bulb appear over my head when I saw the strawberries.
Why not make a strawberry balsamic vinaigrette? How hard can it be, right?
Turns out that it was even easier than I thought. All I needed were 4 ingredients to come up with vinaigrette. In 5 minutes, I had my strawberry balsamic vinaigrette which I used in my spinach salad on a bagel and chomped it up!
My next experiment is with a pomegranate. Stay tuned….
What is your favorite fruit to use in a salad dressing?
Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
1) In a blender, add 1 cup of strawberries with the green leaves removed. Make sure the strawberries are cleaned well
2) Add 2 Tbsp of balsamic vinegar
3) Add 2 tsp of maple syrup. If your strawberries are not too sweet, adjust maple syrup amount
4) Add 3 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
5) Blend on low speed until everything is blended well.
Drizzle the strawberry vinaigrette on a spinach salad for best taste results.