Sweet potato wedges – They are quick and easy snack to make. Takes only 5 ingredients and are also perfect as a thanksgiving side. This post contains affiliate link.
5 ingredients and 20 minutes later, I had this delicious snack ready to be devoured. It is ridiculously easy to make and I had to put in very little effort.
If the hardest part of a recipe is cutting the sweet potatoes, then it is the perfect recipe for anytime of the day or year. All I needed for this recipe was sweet potatoes, olive oil, panko bread crumbs, oregano and parsley. I decided to bake them instead of frying because they just taste better that way. The panko crumbs I used are vegetarian, but, you can also go with vegan panko crumbs.
When I ground the dry ingredients together and opened the lid of processor, a wonderful aroma filled the room. It is an heady aroma of spices and bread. For just a moment, I felt like I was in Italian hillside kitchen.
Now, I am going to go to enjoy this with a glass of white wine on my balcony and pretend that I am overlooking the vineyards of Italy.
Sweet Potato Wedges
1) Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
2) Take 2 sweet potatoes and wash them thoroughly. A clean sweet potato makes for a delicious wedge
3) Cut the edges off the sweet potato
4) Split the sweet potato into halves
5) Cut each half into long wedges. I made about 6 wedges from each half
6) Place the wedges in a bowl and set aside
7) In a food processor or grinder, add 1 cup of panko crumbs
8) Add 1/4 cup of oregano
9) Add 1/2 cup of parsley
10) Grind on low speed until it is finely ground. It should be powdery consistency. I only used 1/2 of this ground panko crumb mixture. I am going to store the rest for future use. Shelf life is about 1 month when stored in a cool, dry place
11) Add 1/2 cup of olive oil to the bowl of sweet potatoes
12) Add 1/2 of the ground panko mixture from step 10
13) Mix well. Add 1 Tbsp of olive oil, if it is too dry
14) Place the seasoned sweet potato wedges on a baking tray. Space the wedges out so that they are not touching
15) Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. I have an older model of a stove so the baking time may differ. When the sweet potato passes the knife test, they are ready