Butternut squash French fries are very healthy and delicious. A perfect healthy snack recipe for kids and adults. Packed with Vitamin A and Vitamin C
What are the best potatoes for French fries? Butternut Squash!
If you are like me and many other people, you have a huge love for French fries. My weakness are spicy and crispy French fries sprinkled with all kinds of spices like cayenne and oregano. I take about 5 of those at once and dunk them into ketchup before devouring them in one big bite.
Yes, it is not healthy, but, I indulge in it once in a while. Other times, I try finding healthier substitutes for them. These butternut squash fries vitamin A and C packed in them and they taste so delicious. I dipped them in my creamy avocado dressing which was just the perfect level of deliciousness. The tang from the creamy avocado lime dressing was enough to make me squeal with joy.
It also tasted great with my homemade ketchup. The fire roasted red pepper gave it a slight spice which is what I like in my fries. So, I can’t decide which is my favorite condiment with this fries but I will be happy with either.
For the herb, I paired the butternut with tarragon. When they were baking in the oven, I cannot describe the wonderful aroma that was coming out of my kitchen. Tarragon takes over the whole house and I felt like it was Christmas in upstate New York. It was a wonderful way to be reminded of New York
Which dip will you choose to go with these French fries?
Homemade Butternut Squash French Fries
1) Take a butternut squash that has a long neck. Wash it thoroughly and then dry it.
2) Cut off the butternut squash at the base of the neck. Wrap up the bottom part of the squash and refrigerate it for a future recipe
3) Cut of the top part of the neck and discard. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
4) Peel the skin of the butternut squash and cut it into long strips. Place them in a bowl and add 2 tsp of extra virgin olive oil. Add more if the strips are not fully coated. I used a small butternut squash which only needed 2 tsp
5) Add 2 tsp of freshly chopped tarragon and 1 tsp of salt. Mix well and then transfer to baking sheet. Spread it out evenly
6) Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until they turn crispy. Remove from the oven and let them cool
Transfer the fries to a plate and sprinkle the avocado dressing or with a side of the ketchup