I have decided that I am going to start every new year with a Mexican Dish. Last year, my first recipe was Vegetarian Enchilada and it was so much fun to make and create.
This year, I am dedicating the first full week of 2015 to all Mexican-themed recipes, starting with making hard taco shells at homeNot only are they easy to make, they are also healthier than the store bought version.
My biggest issue with tacos is that they are too small! When I found the large tortillas, it was the best day ever. Now, I could make GRANDE style taco shells.
The small taco shells always limit the number of ingredients you can add to it. With the grande tacos, the possibilities are endless.
Whether you are a fan of vegan tacos, vegetarian tacos and everything else, these grande hard taco shells recipe is the tastiest recipe you will come across.
For this recipe, I love using my favorite wraps. La Banderitas have amazing whole wheat tortillas. They have only 130 calories with only 4g of protein.
The hard taco shells come out very sturdy and can hold A WHOLE lot of ingredients. I have a great vegan taco recipe coming this week that uses these tacos. There are pomegranates involved in that recipe…..
It only took 25 minutes to make these hard taco shells. I didn’t have to watch them while they are turning into shells. I took this time to return some emails and even put in a load of laundry.
Do you agree that hard taco shells should be GRANDE?
How To Make Grande Hard Taco Shells
– 3 Large Tortillas
– Cooking Spray
– 4 Paper Towels (cut into 2 paper towels)
6. Fold the sides
7. Microwave for 30 seconds
8. Remove them from the microwave and discard the paper towels
9. Spray each taco with cooking spray. Make sure you coat the tortilla well
10. On the top rack of your oven, drape the tortilla over two ridges. Do the same for the other two.
11. Place the rack in the oven and be sure to put a tray below the taco shells. There will be oil dripping from the tortillas
12. Leave the tortillas in the oven for about 20 minutes or until you start seeing the tortilla turning a dark shade of brown.
Remove the rack and allow the tortillas to cool for about 10 minutes. They will also harden while cooling.
Fill the hard taco shells with all kinds of ingredients. They will hold so many yummy ingredients.
© Copyright * Healing Tomato * 2013