Mini Tacos with black beans
Editor’s Note: Today’s recipe is brought to you by Julie Gordon who is the owner of “Inspiring Kitchen”. She is one of those rare bloggers who does it all. From getting your kitchen setup, getting the right cookware, essentials party planning necessities and so many other home essentials, Julie will help you set up the perfect home. It is no surprise that she has a passion for cooking and entertaining. I have known her for almost two years now and she impresses me with her dedication. One of my favorite posts by her is “Keep Your Resolutions With These 10 Kitchen Products for Healthy Eating”
Hello to Healing Tomato readers. I’m Julie from Inspiring Kitchen. Rini asked if I would like to share one of my recipes with you and I gladly accepted her kind offer. I like to create recipes that are healthy and vegetarian focused.
In many cases, you can make my recipes vegan or even add fish or meat if you are interested. The recipe below is vegetarian but can easily be made vegan.
Today, I am sharing my Fresh Corn, Red Pepper and Black Bean Mini Tacos. I am really big on adding and subtracting ingredients based on what is in season, what I am in the mood for or my guests are requesting or even what I have available in the fridge! That is the inventive part of cooking that I just love.
I hope you enjoy this dish!
Fresh Corn, Red Pepper and Black Bean Mini Tacos
1) Saute onions in olive oil till translucent, add black beans, salt and pepper. Stir till everything is mixed well.
2) Add cumin. Mix and let it warm through.
3) Take about half the mixture and mash with a fork to just smooth out some of the beans.
4) Add to remaining whole beans and mix together. Set aside.
5) Warm olive oil in sauté pan adding corn, red peppers and red onions. Cook just till corn softens about 3 -4 minutes.
6) Remove from heat and put into bowl.
7) Add lime juice, jalapeno, salt and fresh cilantro. Mix gently.
8) Warm corn tortillas in pan from corn mixture. Flavors will infuse into tortillas.
9) Fill tortillas first with black beans, than add corn mixture.
10) Top with cheese (optional) and avocado.
11) Feel free to be creative and add tomatoes or salsa if desired.