Sometimes, a salsa is just a salsa. Sometimes it is not! Today’s cucumber salsa recipe is what I needed.
Today’s salsa recipe is unique because I am using cucumbers. The final product is a spicy, sweet, tangy and mouth watering taste. I decided not make it creamy or watery because that ruins the taste of all the vegetables.
Instead, I left it bare with just the right amount of spices that don’t stand out, but, blend in. This salsa only needs salt, pepper, lemon and coriander powder. That’s it. There is no need to complicate this recipe. It will go great with any recipe that doesn’t want the accompaniments to take over the taste.
I actually have a recipe coming up after this where I will use the salsa to be the side. It completely offsets the bitterness of the tomatoes in that recipe.
Overall, this has to be he easiest salsa recipe ever. I always try to use cucumber in my salsa recipes because they have a very soothing effect. Cucumber and tomatoes are the most consumed veggies in my home.
If you have a game day party, consider making this salsa. You can add pureed tomato to make it more liquid.
In the meantime, here is how to make this quick recipe. Do you have a very simple salsa that you turn to when you are complimenting the main dish?
There are so many unique recipes and many uses for cucumber. Here are list of 10 things to do with cucumber. I had no idea that you can fry them. Wonder how they will taste. You better believe it that I will experiment with it.
So, here is how I made cucumber salsa
How to make cucumber salsa
Onion, Cucumber and Radish Salsa
- 1/2 of a red onion
- 1/2 of a cucumber
- 2 radishes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- 1 Thai chili (optional)
- 4 sprigs of coriander
- Dice the onions, finely
- Peel the cucumber only partially. Leave some of the skin because it will provide a nice gradient to the recipe
- Dice the radishes very finely
- Finely chop the Thai chili. You can remove the seeds from the chili or leave them in.
- Finely chop the coriander
- Bring all the ingredients together in a salsa bowl
- Mix well and let it marinate for a few minutes. If you want, you can let it marinate overnight in the fridge. In the morning, it will taste just as great.
- If you leave it in the fridge overnight, allow it to warm up to room temperature before serving.