Roasted cherry tomatoes roasted in the oven. Use them in salads, pasta or sandwiches. Add herbs and roast to bring out the best in these cherry tomatoes
Oh my gosh! Look at how delicious these cherry tomatoes look! That vibrant red color comes out when roasting cherry tomatoes in the oven and I can’t stop drooling at them
At any given time, you will always find cherry tomatoes in my fridge. Either they are fresh or I have roasted them and set them aside for a future recipe.
Most of the time, I use them in salads. However, I really like them in this broccoli and pasta recipe. It adds such a delicious tang to the pasta.
Sometimes, I add garlic to them when roasting and it is delicious. This time, however, I skipped the garlic because I wanted to use its natural flavors. It will end up in a sandwich recipe, so, it is ok to omit the garlic.
The best part of this recipe is that it will work great as a snack by itself. I can munch on these while watching TV or while working on the computer.
If you want to save a harvest of cherry tomatoes, you can roast them and freeze them in a zip lock back. This frozen tomatoes will be perfect for a pasta recipe in the future.
How will you use these tomatoes?
Oven Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
1) Pre-heat the oven to 250 degrees
2) Pup 2 cups of cherry tomatoes in a bowl
3) Add 1 Tbsp of dried oregano and 1 tsp of dried parsley
4) Add 1/4 tsp of salt (optional)
5) Add 1 Tbsp of balsamic vinaigrette
6) Gently mix with your hands
7) Spread out the tomato mixture onto a baking dish
8) Place the tray in the bottom rack of the oven and roast for about 30 minutes or until the tomatoes start to wrinkle