April is Fresh Florida Tomato appreciation month! Get easy spring tomato recipes like desserts, salads, pasta, pizza and soups.
Whenever I get the chance to host a tomato event, I jump at it with all my might and passion for tomatoes. So, when The Sunday Supper Movement wanted a host for their spring tomato event, I immediately raised my hand!
I am so glad I did because I got see some creative bloggers comes up with creative recipes using tomatoes! Plus, I got to make a recipe using my favorite tomato.
1) Bronzed Tomato Spinach Cheddar Panini – By Cindy’s Recipes And Writings
Did you know that lightly grilled tomatoes with Cajun spices is known as Bronzed tomatoes?? I had no idea until Cindy made this recipe. I have a love for the spice and a love for tomatoes. Now, I get to put them together in a cheese sandwich! Can you say, “Yummy comfort food”? I sure can.
2) Green Tomato Strawberry Jalapeno Jam – By Soulfully Made
Now, tomato jam‘s are not anything new on my blog. But, to make jam from Green tomatoes?? Why didn’t I think of that! What makes it even better is that Nikki added strawberries and jalapeno making it sweet and spicy! Remind you of anyone?? 😉
3) Marinated Cherry Tomatoes With Cottage Cheese – By Cricket’s Confections
Oh, boy!! Cricket knows that I like my tomatoes straight up! She marrinated cherry tomatoes and served them on a bed of cottage cheese. Now, that is a great way to celebrate spring tomatoes. Plus, she mixed it up with colorful cherry tomatoes and that is why I am sitting here drooling over the photo! Guess what I am making for lunch tomorrow?
It is not a secret that I love campari tomatoes. At every given opportunity, I will showcase them in a recipe! This time, I decided to put them in a simple pasta recipe that you can make in under 30 minutes. You should have more time to savor the tomatoes instead of spending hours in the kitchen!
5) Bruschetta Di Pommodoro – By The Freshman Cook
If there is a recipe closely associated with tomatoes, it is the mighty Bruschetta! It has been made in many ways, but it never gets old. The freshman cook made the recipe in classic Italian style. Every tomato in the recipe is calling my name! This is going to be on my Sunday brunch menu next weekend!
Click here if you want to get a brief history of the tomato!
These are just a few of the recipes celebrating spring tomatoes! Stop by all the recipes below and see how these amazing chefs are celebrating this abundant fruit.
Sunday Supper Recipes Using Fresh Tomatoes
- Caprese Chicken with Bacon by Family Around The Table
- Cheesy Caprese Pesto Chicken and Quinoa Casserole by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Easy Balsamic Chicken with Tomatoes by Life Tastes Good
- Grilled Chicken and Pasta with Grated Tomato Sauce by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Bronzed Tomato Spinach Cheddar Panini by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Ground Beef Curry by Wholistic Woman
- Lamb and Fresh Tomato Curry by Sunday Supper Movement
- One Pan Pork Chop Dinner with Tomatoes by Simple and Savory
- Tuna and Tomato Bento by Ninja Baker
Pizza, Pies, and Pastas
- Angel Hair Pomodoro by Healing Tomato
- Heirloom Tomato Tart by Authentically Candace
- Pressure Canned Homegrown Tomato Sauce by What Smells So Good?
- Savory Tomato Pie with Pre-Made Crust by The Foodie Affair
- Three Cheese Tomato Basil Pie by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Tomato and Caramelized Onions Galette by Brunch-n-Bites
- Tuscan Pasta with White Beans and Tomatoes by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Bacon Caprese Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms by Crazed Mom
- Bloody Mary Mix by Our Good Life
- Bruschetta di Pomodoro by The Freshman Cook
- Caprese Garlic Bread with Arugula Pesto by The Crumby Cupcake
- Slow Roasted Tomatoes by Caroline’s Cooking
- Tomato Tulips for a Veggie Platter by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cheesy Thumbprint Cookies with Green Tomato Strawberry Jalapeno Jam by Soulfully Made
- How to Make Homemade Salsa by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- IPA (India Pale Ale) Green Tomato Pickles by Gourmet Everyday
- Italian Nachos by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Marinated Cherry Tomatoes with Cottage Cheese by Cricket’s Confections
- Tomatoes Stuffed with Apple-Walnut Salad Filling by Asian In America
- Tropical Fruit Salsa by Pies and Plots
Soups and Salads
- 10 Minute Greek Inspired Couscous Salad by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Burrata Caprese Salad with Balsamic Pearls by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cherry Tomato and Preserved Lemon Salad by Shockingly Delicious
- Cupboard Tomato Mozzarella Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Fresh Tomato and Couscous Salad by Basic N Delicious
- Fried Green Tomato BLT Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Rustic Dill Tomato Soup by Hot Eats and Cool Reads
- Summer Tomato and Bread Soup by Monica’s Table
- Tomato & Roasted Red Pepper Soup with Pimento Grilled Cheese by Bottom Left of the Mitten
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement