Vegan Sweet Potato Wedge Recipe – They are quick and easy snack to make. Takes only 5 ingredients and are also perfect as a thanksgiving side. This post contains affiliate link.
It was one of those days that I just needed a comfort food snack that ca be made in 20 minutes or less. I opened my fridge and noticed that sweet potatoes were staring at me!
If this was Alice in Wonderland, the sweet potatoes would have “Eat Me” written on them! Who am I to deny such a simple request!
At first, I thought of turning them into French fries but felt too lazy to fry them. All that frying and messy cleanup just felt like too much work.
The baking option sounded much more appealing to my inner laziness. No messy clean up!
5 ingredients and 20 minutes later, I had this delicious vegan sweet potato wedge recipe ready to be devoured. It was ridiculously easy to make with minimal effort!
The only effort required on my part was to cut the sweet potatoes into wedges. The official reason for leaving the potato skin on is that it is healthier.
The unofficial reason? I was too lazy to want to peel the skin. Too much work.
All I needed for this recipe was sweet potatoes, olive oil, panko bread crumbs, oregano and parsley. I decided to bake them instead of frying because they just taste better that way. The panko crumbs I used are vegetarian, but, you can also go with vegan panko crumbs.
When I ground the dry ingredients together and opened the lid of processor, a wonderful aroma filled the room. It is an heady aroma of spices and bread. For just a moment, I felt like I was in Italian hillside kitchen.
Vegan sweet potato wedges are the perfect way to snack healthy. The panko crumbs are the star of this recipe and work so well with sweet potatoes. I think I would like to add some garlic powder next time I make it.
Now, I am going to go to enjoy this with a glass of white wine on my balcony and pretend that I am overlooking the vineyards of Italy.
I made a video that for this recipe below. As you can see, it is so easy to make it, so, make it for dinner tonight and send me photos of your recipe. It always makes me happy to see people personalize my recipes and come up with amazing variations.
These vegan sweet potato wedge recipe also works great as a side dish to your main meal. What is your favorite way to server them?
Vegan Sweet Potato Wedge Recipe
1) Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
2) Take 2 sweet potatoes and wash them thoroughly. A clean sweet potato makes for a delicious wedge
3) Cut the edges off the sweet potato
4) Split the sweet potato into halves
5) Cut each half into long wedges. I made about 6 wedges from each half
6) Place the wedges in a bowl and set aside
7) In a food processor or grinder, add 1 cup of panko crumbs
8) Add 1/4 cup of oregano
9) Add 1/2 cup of parsley
10) Grind on low speed until it is finely ground. It should be powdery consistency. I only used 1/2 of this ground panko crumb mixture. I am going to store the rest for future use. Shelf life is about 1 month when stored in a cool, dry place
11) Add 1/2 cup of olive oil to the bowl of sweet potatoes
12) Add 1/2 of the ground panko mixture from step 10
13) Mix well. Add 1 Tbsp of olive oil, if it is too dry
14) Place the seasoned sweet potato wedges on a baking tray. Space the wedges out so that they are not touching
15) Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. I have an older model of a stove so the baking time may differ. When the sweet potato passes the knife test, they are ready