In the frozen veggies section and out of the corner of my eye, I noticed a strange rectangular box with red writing. The unfocused side of my brain immediately thought that they were candy and my hands reached up to grab them. Meanwhile, the thinking side of my brain was wondering what candy was doing in the frozen veggies aisle.
To my pleasant surprise, it was a vegan and gluten free product. The chopped basil was frozen when fresh with other natural ingredients. There was also crushed ginger that was frozen while fresh.
That, my fellow readers, is what I like to call “love at first sight”!
I feel like I now live in a world where I never have to suffer the agonizing task of crushing pounds of ginger and freezing them for future recipes. Gone are the days when I bought basil and it “spoiled” before I had a chance to use them up in recipes. Oh, and don’t even get me started on the post-chopping clean up process. It is the end of tedious tasks!
The cubes are also easy to pop out. Just turn the package upside down on your recipe and press down on one cube. It comes off immediately and cleanly. One cube is equal to one tsp so I don’t even have to do the math.
• Crushed Garlic
• Glazed Onions
• Chopped Cilantro
• Chopped Parsley
• Chopped Dill
• Chopped Basil
• Chopped Chili
• Crushed Ginger
Just a quick FYI, Dorot products are available at your local Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods. Get this coupon for $1 off your purchase of any of their products
My kitchen had a wonderful aroma of ginger and basil when I was cooking this garden veggies recipe. When it was done, I took my pasta bowl to the balcony and ate it while I watched the rain fall slowly over my quiet town of Kissimmee. That was the best zen hour I have experienced all year.
Which herbs will you make your favorite?
Garden Veggies With Basil And Ginger
1) Chop the zucchini and squash into pieces. I cut them into round pieces first and then cut each round piece into quarters
2) Cut the green bell pepper into same size pieces as the zucchini
3) Cut the onion into the same size pieces
4) In a stir fry pan, add the olive oil and heat at medium heat
5) After 30 seconds, add the cumin seeds and let them brown for about 15 seconds
6) Add the Dorot Crushed Ginger cubes and use a wooden spoon to melt the ginger cubes
7) Add the onions and cook for 2 minutes
8) Add the green bell pepper and continue cooking for another 4 minutes
9) Add zucchini and squash, salt, oregano
10) Add Dorot Basil cubes and mix well. Cook uncovered for about 5 minutes or until the squash have browned. Stir occasionally to make sure that the veggies don’t stick to the pan
11) Transfer the cooked veggies to a bowl and place the pan back on the stove
12) Add the oil for the tomatoes and heat on medium heat for 15 seconds
13) Add the halved cherry tomatoes to the oil and cook on low heat for about 2 minutes or until the tomato’s skin start to wrinkle
14) Add the balsamic vinegar and cook for 30 seconds on medium heat until the vinegar start to burn off
15) Add the cooked pasta and cooked veggies. Mix well
16) I always cook with less salt, so, feel free to adjust for salt at this point
Transfer the garden veggies pasta to a serving bowl, top with sunflower seeds and devour!