4 Easy Salad Dressings
4 Dressings that take 1 minute to make and are healthy. Made with fresh ingredients and simple items that can be found in your kitchen anytime
This is version 2 of this post. Get the Version 1 details here.
I am a huge fan of homemade dressings.
How about you?
Homemade dressings are so much fun to make because there is no limit to the ingredients or amount you can add to your dressing
???? Tips for making homemade dressings
- Keep the dressing simple because it flavors the salad. I have made and learned from when I made dressings that overpowered the salad itself.
- If you have fruits laying around and turning ripe, they are a good ingredient to add to any dressing. That’s how my Orange Dressing came into existence
- Most dressings use 3 parts oil to 1 part citrus/vinegar. Personally, I try to aim for that, but, its not always the case. Adjust the oil and vinegar according to your taste
- Store the dressing in a glass bottle like this one I bought (affiliate link) from Amazon. The dressing doesn’t react with glass, so, the flavor isn’t affected. I love storing all 4 dressings listed below in these bottles
- If you have time, let it marinate for about an hour to overnight. It makes the dressing taste even better
- If using fresh herbs, chopping them would be helpful because it will release their flavors
- Shake well before adding to the salad
- I like to use up the dressing within 2 weeks of making it. In the past, I have noticed some salads don’t stay as fresh as the day they were made, especially the fruit based dressings
- Some dressings can work as dips too. I took my Greek dipping oil and turned it into a salad dressing. It was soooo good.
???????? 4 Dressings which are quick and easy
Being my favorite dressing image, I had to put this on the top of this 4 dressings list
This dressing came to be after I ran out of pom dressing. I had strawberries left over and they were about to go bad.
So, I put them into a blender with 3 other ingredients and voila!
I had a very quick salad dressing!
This creamy vegan avocado dressing has to be my all time favorite dressing. It had to be on this 4 dressings roundup, without question.
I made this wayyyy back in 2016. Almost three years later and it still makes it into my fridge once a month. None of my other recipes gets that much of my attention
This dressing takes only 5 ingredients and it can be used in salads or as dip too. There are so many uses to it
And if you have avocado left over, make a delicious avocado soup out of it.
This recipe is made with very few ingredients and it takes very little effort to make. I put basil in it and the aroma is heavenly.
Have you tried this lemon vinaigrette before?
I gave this name to my vinaigrette because it looks like a “puddle of mud”, but, the name is a complete opposite of the taste. The name alone qualified it to be on this 4 dressings list.
The vinaigrette is so delicious that its not restricted to leafy green salads. I put it in my favorite Gnocchi recipe with asparagus and brought all the flavors together
Its perfect for a spinach, kale or collard green salad because it evens out some of the harsh taste of those greens
???? More salad dressings recipes
Salad dressings are found abundantly on my site. I do love creating new salad dressings recipes.
These salad dressings take less than 20 minutes to make and taste delicious.
Mix mint and za’atar together and get the most aromatic dressing ever! The dressing takes only 5 minutes to make.
I put it in quinoa fruit salad, but, you can put it into any salad recipe.
Fresh pears go into this salad dressing and its my most unique creation. I absolutely love this salad dressing because it is light and has no oil.
Pear + ginger gives this dressing a nice kick. I blend the ingredients together and drizzled it over a watermelon salad recipe. This dressing recipe takes only 4 minutes to make.
Use fresh blueberries to make this delicious vinaigrette recipe. I pureed them and strained them before using it in this dressing.
I used fresh oranges in this dressing and added star anise to it among other fall spices. It takes only 10 Minutes to make it and it can lasts at least a week.
Its perfect for pastas or an arugula salad recipe.
???? Version 1 of this Post
From time to time, I will go through old recipes to update the content. Sometimes, I update just the images and sometimes, I give the recipe a complete makeover
This post was originally posted on March 3rd, 2019 at 8:06am. I updated the post to make it easier to read and added the video for 4 dressings.
Additionally, I added a second segment for more dressings that take less than 20 minutes to make.