The best vegan mushroom recipes! These are super easy 4 hearty mushroom recipes that are perfect for dinner
Mushrooms are simply irresistible!
They are perfect for breakfast, lunch, dinner, appetizer….
….and even desserts
Tips for working with mushrooms
- I always wash them in advance. More often than not, I wash them a day before. They way, they are completely dry when I cook them
- Let the mushrooms cook by themselves before adding any liquids (like water or broth). This will make sure they cook evenly and not be a soggy mess
- Do not salt the mushrooms until you have cooked them. Salting them will release moisture and make the dish soggy
- When using portobello mushrooms, be sure to remove the gills. They ruin the taste of any meal you put them in and they prevent the rest of the mushrooms from cooking evenly
- I try to use the stems in compost or broth recipes because I hate wasting any part of them
- I put mushrooms in (affiliate link) this mesh bag and place the bag in the bottom vegetable tray
- Mushrooms don’t go bad easily, if stored properly. For me, they last a good two weeks after purchase
- Mushrooms will go bad quickly if left out in the open. If you can’t refrigerate it, keep it in a cool dry, place
4 Mushroom Recipes
This barbacoa recipe has become a family favorite since I made it a few weeks ago. The meal is so hearty and delicious that its perfect all year round
I made it in the pressure cooker, but, it can also be made in the slow cooker or stove top. Cooking it in the pressure cooker was the fastest option for me, but, I would love to hear your favorite way of making it
The key to the recipe is the barbacoa sauce itself. It takes only 3 ingredients to make it and its uses are endless
I put mushrooms and jackfruit together which is makes it the biggest powerhouse combo of “meaty” vegan recipes. Its why I think it belongs in the #1 spot on this 4 mushrooms recipe lis
This is brand new recipe which I posted just a couple days ago, but, it belongs on this list for 4 mushroom recipes
This time, I used pure basmati rice in this recipe because there is no better rice, if you ask me!
Together with mushrooms, this meal is one satisfying dish!
Plus, clean up is a breeze with this recipe because I made it in one pan!
This wild rice and mushrooms recipe is so perfect for this 4 mushrooms recipes
This was my first use of wild rice on the blog. I made the recipe with a wild rice blend because it adds so many textures to the recipe
I don’t know what it is about the pressure cooker, but, it cooks the mushrooms so perfectly. I find that mushrooms practically melt in my mouth when I cook them in the pressure cooker
This recipe is brought together with a basil pesto recipe which you can make at home.
Pasta and mushrooms! That always sounds delicious to me, so, I had to make a recipe using them.
I have used mushrooms in quite a few recipes. Mushrooms add to the comfort food that is pasta, making it even more appealing.
This creamy mushroom stroganoff is my “favorite child” from this 4 mushroom recipes! Publicly, I say that I don’t have a favorite pasta recipes on my blog and that all my recipes are my favorite.
But, secretly, this stroganoff is my favorite recipe because its just beyond delicious. Check it for yourself and let me know!
- White button mushrooms
- Brown button mushrooms
- Portobello mushrooms
- Shitake mushrooms
- King oyster mushrooms
- Wild mushrooms
- Penny Bun Mushrooms
- Porcini mushrooms
- Chantrelle mushrooms
Are Mushrooms Vegan?
Yes, mushrooms are very much vegan. They are part of the fungi family which is vegan and vegetarian friendly.
Mushrooms “not” being vegan is an urban myth that has been taken as the truth by so many people. Yet, It couldn’t be further from the truth.
Bottom line is that all mushrooms are part of the plant kingdom and not the animal kingdom. So, feel free to eat all the mushrooms you can!
Consult my handy “what vegans don’t eat guide” for a list of all the vegan and non-vegan edibles. There is one item on that list that just might surprise the heck out of you.
What’s your all time favorite mushroom recipe?