A simple, vegetarian Creamy Avocado Soup recipe. This soup is made with delightful ingredients and perfect for those cold winter nights. Takes only 20 minutes to make!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Arla® Cream Cheese. All opinions are entirely my own.
The weather is cold outside and I can feel the chill in the air.
What’s the best way to stay warm and cozy?
Have this soup in hand and the low temperatures won’t make your teeth chatter!
I have never made avocado soup until now. You have no idea how much I am kicking myself for not trying avocado soup before this. It makes cold, gloomy days feel like bright, sunshine-y days!
This creamy soup is crazy simple to make because I use easy ingredients and I made it in 20 minutes! My philosophy is that winter soups should always be easy to make. My pumpkin soup and my butternut squash soup are ready in 30 minutes or less.
The not-so-secret ingredient in this soup is an amazing cream cheese!!
I know, right?!?!? Best idea ever!
Cream cheese in soup is a delicious idea. It gives the soup a creamy texture and taste. More importantly, the type of cream cheese makes all the difference in the world.
Lucky for me, I was able to use my favorite cream cheese that I discovered in the dairy section at Publix!
Arla Cream Cheese comes in a 7 oz. tub container and that makes a huge difference for me. The cheese is always fresh and soft.
The tub container also makes it easy to scoop out the cream cheese and spread on toast or a bagel. The ingredients are so simple and recognizable which makes the cream cheese taste heavenly!
I wanted to keep this soup as simple as possible, so, all the ingredients are easily found in your pantry.
Also, it takes so little time to make it because no one wants to wait for the soup to stew for hours, right? This soup is ready in 20 minutes which is the right amount of time for m.e
I have 4 flavors to choose from and I can’t wait to try them all. My next one to try is the Arla Herbs & Spices Cream Cheese! Their strawberry flavored cream cheese is going to go great on a bagel!
I garnished the soup with cilantro, pistachios and almonds. It added an amazing crunch to the soup! Choose any combination of nuts as a garnish. I think hazelnut would be perfect for the soup.
Instead of broth of any kind, I went with coconut water. Choose a lightly flavored coconut water because it will not add flavor to the soup. Coconut water goes so well with cream cheese!
This soup is all about the garnish too. You will love the cilantro, pistachio and almonds mixture. Not only does it add a vibrancy to the recipe, it also adds a crunch and flavor to it.
If you don’t like cilantro, this recipe just might change your mind on it.
What’s your favorite fall soup?
Creamy Avocado Soup Recipe
Creamy Avocado Soup Recipe
- 2 Avocados deseeded (a little firm to the touch)
- 1 Jalapeno sliced and de-seeded
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Shallot julienned
- 2 Tbsp Ginger shredded
- ¼ Cup Arla Original Cream Cheese Spread
- 1 Tsp salt
- 2 Cups coconut water
- 1 Tbsp Almonds whole (To put in soup)
- 1 Tbsp Pistachios shelled (To put in soup)
- 1.5 Cup water
- 1 Tsp taco seasoning
- Cilantro for garnish
- 1 Tbsp almonds and pistachios For Garnish
- ½ Lime Freshly squeezed
In a blender, add the avocado
Add the jalapeno
Add the salt
Add the coconut water
Add the nuts and a few sprigs of cilantro
Add the Arla Cream Cheese
- Blend until it's very smooooooooth. Set aside
- In a small pan, add the oil and heat it on medium for 20 seconds
- Add the shallots and let them brown
- Add the ginger and stir
- After 30 seconds, reduce heat to as low as it will go
- Slowly add the avocado mixture to it
- Add the water and taco seasoning. Mix well
- Heat on low for about 3-5 minutes. When you start seeing the bubbles “burping”, turn off the heat
- Transfer to a soup bowl and serve immediately
* I like the texture of the shallots in the soup. If you don’t want to "feel" the shallots when eating the soup, add them to blender after browning them (Steps 8-11). Add the roasted shallots + ginger to the other ingredients mentioned in step 1-6 to the blender. Blend until smooth. Continue with step 12.
* This soup is best served hot. If it turns cold, reheat before serving.