Simple Beer Pretzel Bites made with easy ingredients is the perfect poolside appetizer or take to picnics. I added cheese in some and jalapeno in others. Making pretzels at home is so easy and delicious.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Michelob ULTRA Pure Gold. All opinions are my own
Do you know one of the many perks of living in Florida?
There is a swimming pool around every corner!
How awesome is that!
Even on the coldest day in Florida, there are some people who will be frolicking in the pool or lounging by it.
I am one of them!
I like to eat lunch by pool or bring my iPad to the pool in the evening to catch up on the day’s news. Sometimes, I will bring my laptop and write blog posts while lounging by the pool!
If I have friends visiting, we will sit by the pool and chat away. We can spend the whole day by the pool and not even realize that the sun has set.
Over the Easter weekend, I had friends visiting from up north where they were subjected to a brutal winter! Poor things! They were practically frozen when they landed here. But, as soon as we sat by the pool with beers in hand, they thawed out completely!
Sure, the weather had something to do with it, but, the beer they had in hand might have been a huge factor in lifting their spirits!
Michelob ULTRA Pure Gold Beer is new on the market, but, it’s an amazing organically sourced beer that is completely irresistible!
It has 2.5 carbs, 4g of Protein and 85 calories for every 12 fl. oz. Now, that’s what I call a good beer!!
Healthier beers are the best of both worlds, if you ask me. You get all the goodness of beer without any of the heavy carbs or calories!!
Who doesn’t want that!?!
With this beer, I decided to try my hand at beer pretzel bites. They are a little outside of my comfort zone, so, it was the perfect challenge. I made these pretzels using the Pure Gold beer and they were soooo soft.
I made several batches of this beer pretzel bites. Some had jalapeno, some had cheese and one batch had raisins. The raisins batch didn’t turn out well, so, I am going to experiment further.
My favorite one were the jalapeno beer pretzels. As you know, I have a thing for spicy food. Even my smoothies have jalapeno in them! Or how about my Pineapple Fred Rice with Jalapeno? If you are like me, you will love the spicy pretzels too.
You can also skip the beer and use water. I added a little bit of orange juice in one batch without the beer. Trust me, you will love them!
So, enough talking! Go get yourself some of this delicious beer and start making these beer pretzel bites, PRONTO!
What ingredient will you embed inside this pretzel?
Learn more about Michelob ULTRA Pure Gold Beer and check out the other post they sponsored on my blog.
Beer Pretzel Bites with Jalapeno
Beer Pretzels with Jalapeno
For The Flour
For The Yeast
- 1/4 cup Water warmed in the microwave for 20 sec
- 2 tsp Active Dry Yeast
For Dipping The Pretzels
- 8 cup Water
- 3 Tbsp Baking Soda
- 3 Tbsp Vegan Butter
- 1 tsp Coarse Salt
- In a small bowl, mix ingredients for the yeast and set aside for 5 minutes
- In a strong bottom pan, add the beer and heat it for about 2 minutes on low
- In a bowl, add the flour, salt and sugar
- Add the melted vegan butter and the yeast mixture
- Add the beer slowly into the flour bowl and mix with hand
- Mix into a dough
- Lightly oil a glass bowl and place the dough in it
- Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for an hour
- After an hour, preheat the oven to 400°
- In a saucepan, boil the water and the baking soda
- Lightly oil a baking tray and set aside
- Lightly oil a piece of wax paper and set it next to the dough ball
- Uncover the dough and punch it
- Oil your hands and make small balls (about the size of baby mushrooms)
- Add a piece of jalapeno in the middle and wrap the dough around it
- Place the balls on the wax paper
- Melt the basting butter in the microwave to melt it
- Place each ball in the boiling water and keep it there for 30 seconds
- Use a strainer to remove them from the water
- Place them on the oiled baking tray and brush with the butter
- Using a knife, slit the top of the pretzel balls
- Top with the coarse salt and place in the oven
- Bake for about 13-15 minutes until the top is browned
- Let them cool before serving
Other Stuffing Ingredients
- Cheddar Cheese