Vanilla Ice Cream Topped With Cranberries – This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MayfieldFamily #CollectiveBias
When was the last time you ate ice cream on a cone? Do you remember how great it felt to eat ice cream on a cone? I have always eaten my ice cream on a cone with as many toppings as I can put and then some more after that! If you ask me, there is no such thing as too much toppings.
Growing up, we used to always count how many ice cream cones we ate during the summer. Our goal was always to eat at least 50 ice cream cones each summer and we always made it to that number. Ice Cream on the cone reminds me of lazy summer afternoons spent basking under the sun and telling funny stories. We would sit there and lick our ice cream cones and savor the sensations.
My favorite toppings on ice cream has to be pecans and caramel. The crunch along with the sweetness combined with the cool ice cream makes it the best way to eat ice cream. Last week, I tried toasted coconut shavings on ice cream and cannot believe I have never tried that until now.
Today’s ice cream recipe is one of my best toppings experiments to-date. I pulled out all kinds of ingredients from my pantry to see what I can put on it. My ice cream was topped with with bananas, cereals, chocolate sprinkles, crushed peppermints, chocolate syrup, walnuts, caramel, almonds and even sunflower seeds that were left over from my sweet kale salad. I settled on cranberries which I have stockpiled!
Now, I needed more ice cream to continue my experiments, so, I find myself at Wal-Mart’s ice cream aisle. The first thing that catches my eye is a new product from Mayfield. Mayfield is usually my go-to ice cream maker because they make it from fresh cream that they get from their own cows and they don’t use any artificial growth hormones. So, when they have a new product out, I just have to take it home to try it.
Their homemade vanilla ice cream was calling my name and I bought 2 cartons immediately. When I tasted it with cranberries, I just felt a magical feeling. Cranberries added a slight tang to the ice cream which is exactly what I needed. The walnuts and pistachios turn this ice cream into a crunchy, tangy ice cream heaven!
I am part of the Mayfield Flavor Family because this family is made up of friends and neighbors who love this ice cream just as much as I do. There is a certain southern hospitality and charm to the way Mayfield brings together families. Join the Mayfiled Flavor Family and you will know what I am talking about. You will get special offers and updates on new flavors. Truthfully, I can’t wait to find out what they will name their new flavors.
In 1923, Mayfield started making ice cream and they have continued using their time-honored process of bringing the ingredients together as a delicious southern flavored treat.
If you are in the southeast, then you will know the name “Mayfield” because of their rich, creamy and delicious ice cream. Theirs’ was the first ice cream I tried when I moved to Florida and I have never stopped eating it. Not to mention, they have very creative names for their ice cream flavors: “turtle tracks” and “moose tracks”. It just brings a smile to my face when I read that.
What is your favorite topping to put on your ice cream?
Vanilla Ice Cream With Delicious Toppings
1) In a big plate, add 1/2 a cup of dried cranberries
2) Add a 1/4 cup of roughly chopped pistachios
3) Add a 1/4 cup of roughly chopped pecans
4) Take a cone and put 1 scoop of Mayfield’s Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
5) Dip the ice cream in the cranberries mixture. Be sure to get cover the entire ice cream scoop
6) Continue the process for 2 more ice cream cones.
Serve the vanilla ice cream cone immediately.
Vanilla Ice Cream Topped With Cranberries
- 1/2 a cup of dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup of roughly chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup of roughly chopped pecans
- 3 ice cream cones
- 3 scoops of Mayfield's Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
- In a big plate, add 1/2 a cup of dried cranberries
- Add a 1/4 cup of roughly chopped pistachios
- Add a 1/4 cup of roughly chopped pecans
- Take a cone and put 1 scoop of Mayfield's Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
- Dip the ice cream in the cranberries mixture. Be sure to get cover the entire ice cream scoop
- Continue the process for 2 more ice cream cones.
- Serve the vanilla ice cream cone immediately.