How to cooked boiled peanuts? Make this slow-cooked boiled peanuts recipe. Put ingredients in a slow cooker and forget it. Holiday snacks for your guests
Boiled Peanuts are one of the healthiest snacks, but, I have always had a tough time convincing myself to eat them.
I always have to make them into a fancy recipe before I can eat them.
My favorite way to eat peanuts is to put them in peanut satay sauce and then use it as a marinate.
Ok, seriously, who doesn’t love a good boiled peanuts recipe?
Every holiday season, I see friends or family members serve peanuts for people to snack while they are having a conversation. Even before the carolers have started singing, I have consumed 2 whole bowls of peanuts.
Why is slow-cooked better than boiling them on the stove?
A few years ago, I saw the Chinese version of a boiled peanuts recipe. They had similar ingredients but also added garlic in it. It was so delicious that I had to make my own version.
All the ingredients in these boiled peanuts recipe are very Christmas friendly. The nutmeg, cinnamon and star-anise are the trio of holiday ingredients and they make this peanuts so very very delicious. Also, it is a very low-calorie nut, good source of fiber and a great source of Monounsaturated Fat. Source: Livestrong.com
I couldn’t have asked for a better healthy appetizer recipe for the holidays. Talk about an easy appetizer! All I did was put the ingredients into a slow cooker around. By the time my guests arriving at 6:30pm, the peanuts were ready to go.
The lesson I learned was that I should have had 2 slow cookers going because these boiled peanuts recipe proved to be incredibly popular.
These boiled peanuts also make the perfect snacks, so, put them in your favorite snack prep bag.
What is your favorite healthy snack recipe during the holidays?
Slow-cooked Boiled Peanuts Recipe
Boiled Peanuts Recipe – Slow Cooked
- 2 Cups Jumbo Peanut Shells (Raw and unsalted)
- 2 tsp Sea Salt (or to taste)
- 2 drops Vanilla Essence
- 3 cinnamon sticks Medium sized
- 4 cloves
- 2 pieces Star Anise
- 1 tsp Nutmeg Freshly Ground
- 1.5 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar (optional)
- Water Enough to fill 3/4 of the slow cooker
- Fill the slow cooker with the water
- Add the salt and stir
- Add all the ingredients except the peanuts
- Start the slow cooker and let the water warm up on high for 30 minutes (with closed lid)
- Wash the peanuts thoroughly and drain
- Add the peanuts to the warm water and stir well with a wooden spoon
- Keep the slow cooker on high for about 2 hours and then turn it down to low for another 1 hours.