This Easy and Quick One Pot Meal Broccoli Rice Casserole is the Perfect Dinner Recipe for Those Busy Weeknights. It’s One of My Favorite Comfort Foods (Ver. 2)
Who doesn’t love a good broccoli rice casserole? For me, it is comfort food at its best.
All that ooey gooey cheese melted over a broccoli, corn and rice delights the kid in me. I topped it in sriracha sauce and IT. WAS. HEAVENLY!!
I am always asked for rice recipes and easy casserole recipes. So, I thought it would be fund to combine both requests into one recipe.
Weeknight dinners are always a challenge. I want to include delicious, hearty meals, yet, I don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen?
This is a one skillet recipe that is going to come together really quickly and there is going to be very little cleanup!
I can’t tell you how much I love “little cleanup” types of recipes. The cooking process is so much fun, but, not the cleanup!
On most days, my kitchen looks like a tornado went through it. I have no idea what my kitchen sink looks like because its always hidden by dirty dishes and pans!
So, when I have a recipe that will allow me to see what my sink looks like (like this broccoli cheese rice casserole), I am a happy camper!
For this recipe, I used Jasmine rice because its the perfect consistency for a casserole. You can use basmati rice or brown rice.
What is your favorite vegetarian casserole recipe?
Version 1 of this recipe
Occasionally, I will revisit previous recipes and do a makeover on them. You probably came to this page based on the photo to the left? However, I decided to re-vamp the recipe and bring you the new version you see above. I think you will like.
Broccoli Rice Casserole
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 Cup sweet corn frozen or fresh
- 2 Cup broccoli florets
- 1.5 Cup jasmine rice cooked
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper optional
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup Colby Cheese Organic
- 1/2 cup Pepper Jack Cheese Organic
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce optional
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small cast iron skillet, heat 2 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil for 30 seconds
- Add the cumin seeds and let them brown
- Add broccoli florets and the corn
- Add salt, cayenne pepper, cumin powder and taco seasoning
- Cook for broccoli casserole mixture for fifteen minutes or until the broccoli soften
- Add the cooked jasmine rice and mix well
- Top with organic shredded cheese
- Place the cast iron skillet in the oven for 7 minutes or until all the cheese has melted.
- Remove from the oven top with sriracha before serving