This easy and quick one pot broccoli rice casserole is the perfect dinner recipe. Made in a cast Iron pan, this dinner is going to make your life easier. Version 2
Who doesn’t love a good broccoli rice casserole? For me, it is comfort food at its best.
All that ooey gooey cheese melted over a broccoli, corn and rice delights the kid in me. I topped it in sriracha sauce and IT. WAS. HEAVENLY!!
I am always asked for rice recipes and easy casserole recipes. So, I thought it would be fund to combine both requests into one recipe.
Weeknight dinners are always a challenge. I want to include delicious, hearty meals, yet, I don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen?
This is a one skillet recipe that is going to come together really quickly and there is going to be very little cleanup!
I can’t tell you how much I love “little cleanup” types of recipes. The cooking process is so much fun, but, not the cleanup!
On most days, my kitchen looks like a tornado went through it. I have no idea what my kitchen sink looks like because its always hidden by dirty dishes and pans!
So, when I have a recipe that will allow me to see what my sink looks like (like this broccoli cheese rice casserole), I am a happy camper!
For this recipe, I used Jasmine rice because its the perfect consistency for a casserole. You can use basmati rice or brown rice.
What is your favorite vegetarian casserole recipe?
Version 1 of this recipe
Occasionally, I will revisit previous recipes and do a makeover on them. You probably came to this page based on the photo to the left? However, I decided to re-vamp the recipe and bring you the new version you see above. I think you will like.
Broccoli Rice Casserole
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 Cup sweet corn frozen or fresh
- 2 Cup broccoli florets
- 1.5 Cup jasmine rice cooked
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper optional
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup Colby Cheese Organic
- 1/2 cup Pepper Jack Cheese Organic
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce optional
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small cast iron skillet, heat 2 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil for 30 seconds
- Add the cumin seeds and let them brown
- Add broccoli florets and the corn
- Add salt, cayenne pepper, cumin powder and taco seasoning
- Cook for broccoli casserole mixture for fifteen minutes or until the broccoli soften
- Add the cooked jasmine rice and mix well
- Top with organic shredded cheese
- Place the cast iron skillet in the oven for 7 minutes or until all the cheese has melted.
- Remove from the oven top with sriracha before serving