Brunch Recipes using Nature Valley Toasted Oats Muesli-Blueberry & Nature Valley Toasted Oats Muesli-Original. Easy breakfast recipe which is also healthy
This Muesli Biscuits Post is brought to you by Nature Valley. All opinions are mine.
My favorite time of the week is Sunday mornings. I usually wake up late, stumble into the kitchen to fire up my oven.
I love the aroma coming from my oven when I first turn it on.
It has the faint aroma of previous baking triumphs mixed in with the anticipation of new baking adventures.
Today’s recipe is Muesli Biscuits that I made for brunch last weekend. They were surprisingly easy to make and perfectly satisfied my brunch tooth like no other muesli recipes has done in the past.
Most of my mornings are hectic and that goes double for my friends who work two or more jobs. I hardly get to see or talk to them during the week. This means that I need to have them just for myself one day out of the week and that day is Sunday!!
After a lazy Sunday morning, they eagerly knock on my door around 11am. And so begins our Sunday fun day!!
Sure, they are eager to spend a nice morning laughing and talking about their adventurous week. But, I know the real reason they converge at my home every week. They know that, every week, they are treated to the very best brunch menu including recipes like Avocado toast and butternut squash french fries.
All week, their hectic schedule forces them to eat fast food or unhealthy meals. Most of it is greasy, fatty and devoid of all nutrition.
This doesn’t sit well with me and I make it a point to give them a nice wholesome meal one day a week, as well as, giving them a gift bag with meals for the week.
As my friends leave, I hand them a delicious bag of parting gifts.
I put yogurt and Nature Valley Muesli in separate mini mason jars for easy breakfast. All they have to do is add a few spoons of muesli into the yogurt and enjoy it while they are on the go. It requires zero effort on their part and saves them money on useless carbs.
What will be your favorite brunch recipes?
Brunch Recipes For Muesli Biscuits
Brunch Recipes - Muesli Biscuits
- 2 Tbsp Blueberry Muesli I used Nature Valley Toasted Oats Muesli-Blueberry
- 2 Tbsp Oats Muesli I used Nature Valley Toasted Oats Muesli-Original
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp flax seed meal
- 2 Tbsp fine sugar
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 Tbsp vegan butter the colder the better
- 1/2 tsp oregano I use it for the aroma
- 3 tsp granulated sugar Optional
- Strawberry jam and butter for serving Optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- In a mixing bowl, sift the 2 flours, flax seed meal and sugar. This step is very important
- Make small pieces of the butter and add to the sifted mixture
- Mix well. It is ok to have the lumpy butter
- Slowly introduce the milk.
- Mix well and form a soft dough
- Add the Muesli and mix again
- Turn them into small size balls
- Place them on a baking sheet (about 1-2 inches apart)
- Baste with a little melted butter
- Sprinkle the top with granulated sugar (optional)
- Place in the oven for about 15 minutes or until the top is golden brown
- Serve immediately with Strawberry jam, butter or agave.