This Simple Carrot Juice with Ginger is the Perfect Energy Boost Drink for those Days When You Really Need a Quick Pick Me Up.
So, I have had an interesting month.
“Interesting” is just a nice way of saying that I have been so busy running around that I haven’t given myself any real me time.
I find myself running on fumes and experiencing that feeling of being run-over by 10 giant dump trucks!
What is that you say you are hearing?
The world’s smallest violin?
Yes, I know I have no right to complain because I am in a good place. It wouldn’t surprise me if many of you are in the same boat I am or leading an even more hectic life than I am.
When I was young, I was one of the few kids who would get sick after my midterms or finals. It happened like clockwork, come what may! In fact, many family members starting setting their clocks by my sickness.
“Rini is sick again? Well, it must be November 13th.”
Eventually, some adult suggested I try a combination of carrot juice, turmeric and ginger to be consumed on the day of my first test. This was to be my daily routine until the tests were over.
Funny thing happened after I started this regiment. I never got sick after my exams. The energy and vitamin boost I got from this concoction was enough to boost my immune system. It kept me energized, healthy and focused. The nutrition in carrots combined with the healing powers in other
Now I will be the first to tell you that, unlike my other recipes, this one tastes awful. I started adding mandarin oranges to make it somewhat palatable. The taste (or lack thereof) aside, this carrot juice combination is a miracle worker. I drank it this morning and I am already feeling the tiredness slipping away. My mental focus is coming back and my muscles are feeling rejuvenated.
Ok, time to make the violins stop and time to start making this delightful energy boost!
I am going to put my feet up and enjoy some carrot juice in one hand and some nutty popcorn in the other hand!
Energy Boost for Monday Morning
- 1 Carrot Small
- ½ cup mandarin oranges from a can, washed
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp ginger minced
- Take one small carrot and remove the skin. Chop it roughly and place it in a juicer
- Take a ½ cup of mandarin oranges from a can. Make sure you wash it thoroughly
- Add ¼ tsp of turmeric to the juicer
- Add ¼ cup of orange juice
- Mince about a tsp of ginger and add it to the juicer
- Add a ¼ cup of water to the juicer
- Blend on high until all the ingredients are completely blended
- Using a strainer, strain the juice. Squeeze out every ounce of juice from the pulp.
- Add 2-3 cubes of ice (optional) and serve immediately.