Celery salad works so well on toast. Includes Radishes and Feta Cheese. Top with Lemon juice and freshly ground pepper. Or add an Orange dressing on top.
By a happy accident, I discovered that Celery and toast go great together.
I had so much celery left over from my vegetarian gumbo recipe and I had just made toast. Somewhere, there was a voice in my head saying that I should try combining these two just to see what they would taste like.
There is a spiciness and a saltiness to this toast that makes it irresistible. The radishes added a strong flavor without overpowering the dish.
No toast recipe is complete with out cheese. For this one, I decided to try feta cheese. It is a light cheese and also evens out some of the strong flavors of celery and radish.
This recipe doesn’t really need a dressing. However, if you want something light, go with this light dressing made Star Anise and Fresh oranges.
There was a garlic surprise when you bite into this toast with celery salad. I spread a little garlic butter on top of the toast. Try it and tell me what you think.
I like quick snacks like this. It is also healthy and I am not feeling guilty about not eating my celery.
If you want the vegan version of Feta, try this Vegan Tofu Feta Cheese recipe.
What is your favorite way to eat celery?
Celery Salad On Gourmet Toast
Celery Salad on Toast
For the Optional Salad Dressing
- Juice the orange and strain the juice
- Mix the honey and Dijon together and microwave for 15 seconds
- In a glass bottle with a tight lid, bring all the ingredients together
- Close the lid and shake very well
- Refrigerate overnight
For the Celery Salad
- Toast the slices of bread. Make them well done.
- While the slices are being toasted, assemble the salad
- Combine the celery, radish, freshly ground pepper, salt and lemon juice
- Set the salad aside and prepare the toast
- Butter the toast
- Top with the celery salad and Feta cheese
- Garnish with the mint and serve the celery salad on toast immediately. It will get soggy