This Cheerios Snack with Apples and maple syrup post is sponsored by General Mills and Winn Dixie. All opinions are mine
I found a way to make cheerios taste even better. Only 2 ingredients added to it and it completely changes the taste of these amazing breakfast recipe.
Green apples have a nice tart taste and cheerios are a light taste. I combined the two and added pure maple syrup to add natural sweetness to it.
The cinnamon sugar was a last minute addition. It was sitting on my counter and I figured it would make the cheerios taste amazing. I am happy to report that it enhanced the taste of the snack without overpowering it.
You can add milk to this cereal and eat it for breakfast. I liked it with milk and also just as a regular snack. I found myself sitting at my desk and munching on them while I worked. Fair warning, these cheerios snack can be very addicting.
WinnDixie always has all the ingredients in this recipe at very affordable rates. I find their cereals to be more affordable than other places.
What is your favorite way to eat cheerios?
Easy Cheerios and Apples Snack
1) In a bowl, add 1 cup of finely chopped apples. I went with granny smith apples that hadn’t ripened yet. This made sure that they didn’t get soggy or go limp during the cooking process.
2) Add 1 Tbsp of maple syrup to the apples and mix well. I used pure maple syrup in this recipe but you can choose regular maple syrup
3) Microwave for 30 seconds and then remove from heat. Allow it to cool for a few minutes. Place the apples in a pan and add 3 cups of cheerios. Mix well and then top with 1/4 tsp of cinnamon powder
4) Transfer to a bowl and serve. Eat by itself or add 2 cups of milk and enjoy.
Cheerios Snack With Apples
- 1 cup of chopped green apples
- 1 Tbsp of maple syrup
- 3 cups of cheerios
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon powder
- In a bowl, add 1 cup of finely chopped apples
- Add 1 Tbsp of maple syrup to the apples and mix well.
- Microwave for 30 seconds and then remove from heat. Allow it to cool for a few minutes
- Place the apples in a pan and add 3 cups of cheerios.
- Mix well and then top with 1/4 tsp of cinnamon powder
- Transfer to a bowl and serve.
- Eat by itself or add 2 cups of milk and enjoy.