This quick side of cherry tomato and grape tomato side is a quick side dish that works with any recipe. Made in 5 minutes and very delicious. Use it as snack too or put it on sandwiches!
There is nothing quite like a super quick side dish that tastes delicious. Who wants to slave over a stove for hours, regardless of how delicious it tastes.
I know I don’t want to!
Or sometimes, I have a main course meals that takes a long time to make and I just don’t have the energy to make a side dish or a topping.
That is where this recipe comes in.
Just take a few cherry tomatoes + grape tomatoes and quickly saute them on the oven with other ingredients that don’t require extra chopping, dicing, shredding or peeling.
For this recipe, I used what I like to call, “holiday ingredients”. It has cinnamon and nutmeg which are holiday ingredients. With that, I paired mint and honey to even out all the flavors.
The tomatoes also lose some of their acidic taste during this sauteing process. Their skin turns a little caramel-ish and crunchy which is how I like my tomatoes
These cherry tomatoes are now my go-to topping idea. I have used them on sandwiches, tofu recipes and so many other dishes.
In fact, I have even eaten them right out of the bowl. They tasted so good that it was worth the burnt tongue. Overall, I was so glad I experimented with the flavors and came up with this recipe.
If you want to make this vegan, use pure maple syrup instead of honey. I used about 3.5 tsp of pure maple syrup, but, you can adjust it to your taste.
This recipe makes me very happy and I can’t wait to try other recipes that I can use it as a topping. I wonder how it will taste on top of a baked brie recipe?
What recipe will you use this cherry tomato salad in?
Cherry Tomato And Grape Tomato Salad
A Side of Tomato Salad
- 1 cup Red cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup Yellow grape seed tomatoes
- 4 leaves Mint
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- Freshly ground nutmeg
- 3 tsp Honey
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees
- Warm up the honey in the microwave for 20 seconds
- Chop the mint leaves finely
- In a pan that can be placed in the oven, add the oil
- Place the tomatoes in the pan and coat with the oil. Use your hands.
- Add the honey, salt and nutmeg
- Toss again using your hands
- Heat on the oven for a few minutes
- Add the mint leaves and place in the oven
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the tomato skin starts to crimp.
- Remove from the oven
- Serve while still warm.