This is not your grandmother’s cucumber sandwich! I took a Classic British Sandwich & added an Asian Flare to it. Added more vegetables to make it healthy!
Growing up, I cannot tell you how many cucumber sandwiches I had. There are too many to count.
So, now, I am ready for a completely modern version of the cucumber sandwich.
I bet you are ready for one too
Asian Style Cucumber Sandwich is like nothing you have ever tasted! It is definitely not your grandmother’s cucumber sandwich. The flavors are a blend of sweet, sour and salty goodness.
For this recipe, I decided to add some Asian flavoring to make it more interesting. I have always had spicy cucumber sandwich, so, I thought I would keep this recipe on the spicy end.
There is soy sauce and sriracha sauce in which the vegetables will be marinated. Doesn’t that sound delicious?
I am getting hungry just writing about it.
To round out the taste, I topped it with pistachio sauce.
Cream cheese still remains the base in this recipe. I find the texture of it to be completely compatible with any sandwich
I wanted to keep this an easy cucumber sandwich without too much fuss. You can put it into a picnic basket and enjoy it in the park, just like any other sandwich.
The Srirarcha Sauce is definitely the star of this recipe. I enjoyed eating a mildly spicy version of this sandwich.
It got a little messy when eating the sandwich, but, that didn’t stop me from devouring it all at once.
The red bell pepper and the cucumber add a wonderful crunch to this sandwich. Even the onions retained their flavor and crunch. So, I hope I have sold you on this sandwich by now. If not, I will have to bring it to your home and share it with you.
How often do you eat cucumber sandwiches?
How to make Asian Style Cucumber Sandwich
Cucumber Sandwich – Asian-Style
- 1 Red Pepper Julienned
- 1 Red onion Julienned
- 1 Cup Carrots Shredded
- 1 Cucumber cut into rounds
- ½ cup pistachios unsalted, shelled, roughly chopped
- 4 Ounces Cream Cheese (lite is better, but, you can use the full-fat version too)
- 4 wheat rolls
- 2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Sriracha Sauce
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp black pepper
- In a mixing bowl, add the soy sauce, Sriracha sauce, sugar, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Heat the mixed ingredients in the microwave for no more than 10 seconds.
- Stir the dressing well and allow to marinate for 2 hours or overnight in the fridge
- In a mixing bowl, mix all the vegetables
- Add the soy sauce dressing to the vegetables and toss lightly
- Set aside the mixture for about 30 minutes
- Cut the wheat roll into half
- Spread the cream cheese on the inside of each roll
- Start by layering one of the rolls with the cucumber
- Top with the remaining vegetables
- Add the pistachios on the top of the sandwich
- Close the top bun and cut into half
- Follow the same assembly steps for the rest of the wheat rolls
Serve the cucumber sandwich immediately
For the dressing – Minimum of 2 hours of marinating time
For Marinating the Vegetables – 30 minutes
To assemble the sandwich – 10 minutes