Meal prep gift guide has all the essential items needed to make your meal prep time more efficient. This guide includes canning sets, containers and recipe ideas.
There are so many ways to make meal prep time more efficient.
From finding the right equipment and recipes to find the right travel bag for the food containers, this list is designed to make your life much easier.
Do you meal prep every week?
Meal prep tips
- Buy food items in bulk from those membership type stores. Things like broccoli, Brussels sprouts and other veggies.
- Whenever possible, use glass containers for the meal prep so that bad chemicals don’t leak into the food like plastic containers.
- Try to use up the food within one week of cooking it because it will be fresh. Also, the nutrition in veggies will be viable for about a week.
- If you can, avoid microwaving the food when you are ready to eat it. Using glass containers will make it easier to heat them in the oven or Instant pot. Microwaving kills the nutrition and makes the food more rubbery.
- Store sauces and dressings in separate containers. I know it’s a no-brainer, but I have actually seen people eat soggy food.
- Refrigerating is better option, but you can also freeze the containers.
For the planning process
Meal planning fridge calendar – This magnetic meal planning board is a good way to see the whole week at a glance.
Meal prep paper and pen planner – For those who like to write down their recipes on a piece of paper. Can be magnetically put on a refrigerator
Weekly & Daily Meal Prep Journal – This is for individuals and those who like to journal / have a food diary. Includes grocery list.
When I was planning for this meal prep gift guide, I heard from a lot of people that they like giving cookbooks more than any other gift.
Buying in bulk
Related: What is amaranth?
Organic Royal White Quinoa, 20 Pounds – Quinoa doesn’t go back and it’s cheaper when you buy in bulk.
Organic Hemp Seeds – Hemps seeds are a must have for soups, salads, smoothies, tofu and so much more.
Over the Sink Colander Strainer Basket – When you have many veggies that need cleaning, this colander is going to make you wash them at high speed.
Canning Kit with canner – What better way to save the sauces! Canning is a very easy process and this kit will make it even easier.
Canning Supplies Starter Kit – The kit has jar holders, jar lifters, tongs and canning rack.
Magic Mushroom Foldable Kitchen Funnel – This funnel is useful to pour in sauces, fill up the spice containers and other dry/wet ingredients in your pantry.
Meal prep containers
No meal prep gift guide is complete without meal prep containers.
5 Pack 36oz Glass Meal Prep Containers with Lids – These glass containers have a leak-proof and come with their own insulated bag.
5-Piece Food Storage Containers with 2 Compartments and Lids – These food containers make it easy to carry cauliflower rice on one side and salad on the other.
Round Meal Prep Containers with lids – these containers are great for salad prepping.
Adult bento boxes
Lunch Box Adult Bento Box, Stackable – When you have to eat a lot in one meal, these bento boxes are a huge help.
Calculus Print Bento box – For when you want show off your love for calculus while eating.
Bento Box Adult Lunch Box with Insulated Bag, Spoon & Fork – When you want your food to stay hot, this bento box is going to be your best bet.
Containers for liquids
Stainless Steel Salad Dressing Container 6 Pack – Can be used for salad dressings, dips and spreads.
For Smoothies and juices – These bottles seal tightly, so there will be no leakage.
Chances are, you will be using ziploc bags in your meal prep. Here are some creative aids for using them more efficiently.
Baggy Rack Holder for Food Prep Bag – These little clamps will hold up the bag as you add liquids or solids. Then you can easily seal the bag and store it.
Bamboo Ziplock Bag Organizer For Drawer – Get to your ziploc bags easily by organizing them according to size, type and color.