Easy Vegan Grilled Portobello Mushrooms are made by marinating in balsamic and soy sauce. Grill them and serve with Rice or on Burgers. Made in 45 min
I loved grilling these beauties to perfection and they were so easy to make. It only took me 15 minutes of work. The other 30 minutes were for marinating it.
While they were marinating, I put my feet up and read a bunch of magazines!
I cleaned the mushrooms and then marinated them in a sweet and sour sauce.
Not surprisingly, this recipe has tons of garlic! I just have to have extra garlic in all recipes and I know how much you all love seeing garlic in the recipes.
This portobello mushroom tastes great by itself too. They have a lot of flavor and are dense enough to be part of your dinner.
Or, you want to make a meal out of it. Chop it up and mix it with rice. Or, chop it up and put it into a soft taco!
Maybe even as a topping on pizza?
Once, I used them as burger buns and boy, were they a huge hit! I am so impressed by how they hold the burger patties. The slippery toppings like tomatoes and onions also stayed in place.
Even the ketchup didn’t squirt out!
So, I am highly recommending these grilled mushrooms as burger buns. You will love how delicious they taste.
I grilled this on a stove top, but, it will grill just as well on an outdoor grill
What is your favorite food to grill?
Grilled Portobello Mushrooms
- Remove the stem from the mushrooms and scoop out the gills with a spoon. Set aside
- In a bowl, add the ingredients, except the mushrooms and mix well
- In a large bowl, place the mushrooms face up
- Drizzle the marinade over it and cover with plastic wrap
- Let it marinate for 30 minutes
- After 30 minutes, heat a grill until its hot
- Skewer 2 mushrooms per skewer. I used 10″ stainless steel skewers
- Place on hot grill, face down
- Grill the mushrooms on each side for 2 minutes or until browned
- Use up all the remaining marinade to baste and drizzle over the grilling mushrooms
- Remove and serve