Instead of getting store-bought garlic toast or breads, why not make your own? It is very simple to make. All you need is Toast, Garlic and Oil. Takes 20min
So, I am back to the blog today. FYI, there is no grease left in my elbow! It was all used up during the cleaning of my stovetop after the Paneer Debacle! Many days and cleaning chemicals were used and lots of Magic Erasers gave their lives.
I wish they made Magic Erasers for the soul…
Don’t mind me! I am a little grumpy. All those cleaning chemicals might have something to do with it.
Ok, I will NOT dwell on it no more…….
I always see people trying to save money in every aspect of their lives. That is great! But, there are even more ways I like to save money. Did you know that you can make Garlic Bread or Toast at home? Well, if you did, then you are a GENIUS!
And it can be done with 4 simple ingredients, 5 if you don’t mind a little kick in your bread! A great and quick Garlic Toast Recipe
So, I made tomato and mushroom pasta over the weekend. The blog post for that will be up shortly….
No pasta is complete without garlic bread. I find store bought garlic breads to be very very salty. Salt leads to bloating, bloating leads to grumpiness and the cycle continues…..
All I did was marinate Garlic in olive oil for about 30 minutes and then brush it on the toast. I like french bread, so, I spread it on french bread and added the thai chillies to it. Toasted in the oven for about 10 minutes and then served them immediately!
It is light, tasty, and has no salty taste.
Grumpiness? Will get back to you on that…..
If you like toast, check out this celery toast recipe.
Garlic Toast Recipe
Grumpy and the Garlic Toast Recipe
- 3 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp red pepper
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 2 Thai Chili thinly sliced, optional
- coriander For garnish
- 4 slices French Bread
- Chop the Thai Chilies
- Chop parsley or coriander finely. Will be used for garnish.
- Marinate the garlic in the olive oil for about 3o minutes.
- Preheat oven on 350 degrees
- Wet a spoon using the Olive Oil marinate
- Spread the toast using the spoon. Use as little or as much as you want
- Take the garlic pieces from the marinate and place them on the toast
- Place the toast in an aluminum foil or baking sheet and put it in the oven
- Let it toast for 30 minutes
- Remove from the oven and garnish immediately with coriander or parsley
Serve with pasta or eat with pizza.