This Homemade Pizza Sauce Recipe is so Much Fun to Make. Takes Only 30 min. This Pizza Sauce is Made From Fresh Tomatoes, Pepper, Garlic and Dried Spices
Don’t you just hate it when you want to make pizza and the expensive sauce you bought from the store has fungus growing? Happened to me the other day, so, I decided to come up with a homemade pizza sauce recipe of my own.
Pizza Sauce from fresh tomatoes is the way to go. I found that it gives the pizza sauce a rough texture.
My secret ingredient is Bell Peppers. I went with the green bell pepper this time, but, I think the red bell pepper would work much better.
A homemade pizza sauce recipe with copious amounts of garlic is the staple of many Italian food recipes. I decided not to mess with this ratio, so, I included so much garlic in it. You can choose your ratio, but, I think you will love all the garlic.
My pizza sauce ingredients include 12 cloves of garlic, 9 tomatoes and dried spices. Can you imagine the aroma that was coming out of my kitchen when I was making it?
I wish I could bottle that aroma and take it with me everywhere. Any ideas on what I would call this perfume?
In addition to all the fresh ingredients, I added some canned tomato paste. It helps make the sauce a little thicker and adds a rich red color to the pizza sauce.
This pizza sauce also works as a dipping sauce for mozzarella sticks or even garlic bread. If you are in the mood for a quick snack, make bagel pizza using this sauce. There are so many uses for it.
Personally, I like to dip celery sticks in this sauce. That is one way to get me to eat celery.
What is your favorite homemade pizza sauce recipe and how do you use it?
How To Make Homemade Pizza Sauce Recipe
Homemade Pizza Sauce Recipe
- 9 Plum Tomatoes
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Or Green Bell Pepper
- 12 Cloves garlic (adjust to your taste)
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste unsalted
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp rosemary (optional)
- 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil (divided into 2 portions)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cut the tomatoes and bell pepper into cubes
- In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients except for the salt, pepper and 1 portion of the olive oil
- Coat the ingredients well
- Place the coated tomatoes and peppers in a casserole dish
- Place in the oven and bake them until the tomatoes are brown on the outside
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes
- Roughly blend them in a food processor
- In a medium pan, add the remaining oil and heat for 30 seconds
- Add the blended sauce, salt and pepper
- Stir well
- Remove from heat and serve immediately or refrigerate for about 1 week.