Vegan Tostada Loaded with Salsa Marinated Tofu and Fresh Veggies. If You are Looking for a Healthy Vegan Dinner Recipe, Try this Recipe. Perfect Weeknight Dinner Recipe for the Whole Family to Enjoy
Before you read any further, let me warn you! This is going to be one MESSY vegan tostada! All the ingredients will be dripping, falling and causing all kinds of mayhem while you are eating it!
You are going to have to open your jaw really wide while devouring it! You will go through a dozen paper napkins or even have to wear a bib!
However, trust me when I say this, this tostada is totally worth the locked jaw and messy hands.
Not that I need a reason, but, I had a good excuse to make my famous pina colada guacamole recipe. It was the base for this recipe and just put a smile on my face when I tasted it in this vegan tostada
I love dipping tofu in salsa and eating it right out of its watery package. It is absolutely delicious, especially if I am dipping it in pineapple salsa.
So, I figured I would marinate the tofu in salsa and roast it. I ate the whole batch after roasting it; It was that good!
With Cinco De Mayo just around the corner, I think it was only right to use it in a Mexican food recipe. However, it is good for any day of the week. To be honest, I think I could eat it 5 times a week!
The broccoli, squash, peppers and radishes are roasted to bring out their flavors. The veggies are crucial to this recipe because they add texture and nutrition to this recipe.
If you find yourself in Orlando for Cinco De Mayo, there are so many events on this day. Disney likes to go all out too. You can find all the events around Orlando area in this post.
Vegan Tostada Fully Loaded
For the Tofu
- 1/2 block Tofu Cut into cubes
- 2 cups Salsa I used mango salsa
- 1/4 tsp Taco seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Crushed Garlic Skip this if your salsa has garlic in it
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 8 Broccoli crowns Chopped into small pieces
- 1 Yellow squash Small, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 Red bell pepper Chopped into small pieces
- 3 Radishes Thinly sliced
- 2 tsp Sunflower oil
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds Optional
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 2 tsp Taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup Sweet kernel corn Thawed and drained of any excess liquid
- 1/2 cup Black beans
- 2 tsp Lime Juice Freshly Squeezed
- 1/2 cup Baby arugula Optional
- 2 cups Guacamole
- 1/2 cup Salsa Verde
- 4 Tostada Shells
- In a bowl, mix salsa, taco seasoning, crushed garlic, black pepper, sugar and olive oil
- Add the Tofu, mix gently and let it marinate for 2 hours
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spray a baking tray with cooking spray and spread out the tofu. Set the rest of the marinate liquid aside
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes
- Remove from the oven and flip the tofu pieces
- Lightly drizzle with the salsa marinade and place in the oven for another 10 minutes
- Put the oil, cumin seeds, broccoli, squash and red chili pepper in the marinating bowl
- Add salt, black pepper and taco seasoning to the bowl and mix well
- Spread out the veggies on a baking tray and place in the oven for 15 minutes or until the veggies have browned
- Remove from the oven and let them cool for only 5 minutes
- In a bowl, add black beans, corn and chopped veggies. Stir gently.
- Add lime juice and roasted tofu
- Mix well and set aside for a few minutes.
Assemble the Vegan Tostada
- Assemble this tostada only when ready to serve, otherwise it will get soggy.
- Place tostada on a plate and spread generous amount of guacamole
- Add about 5-7 arugula leaves on top of the guacamole
- Top with the veggie and tofu mixture
- Finally, top with 1 tsp of salsa verde and a few slices of radishes. Serve
- Assemble the rest of the tostada in the same way