Mango sriracha spread is a simple appetizer for any recipe. Hot sriracha sauce gives the perfect level of heat and the mango adds sweetness to the recipe.
It brings me endless joy when I am able to combine two of my favorite foods and those foods are so different from each other.
A fruit and a popular hot sauce can come together to make a delicious spread and sauce!
Yes, I went there! I may not be the first to go there, but, I am sure glad I thought of it. This mango sriracha spread turned out to be the very best I have made.
In the past I combined avocado and wasabi to make the avocado wasabi spread.
There is nothing better than sriracha sauce for this recipe. However, if you have a different hot sauce recipe you want to use in its place, that will work too. If you want to learn to make your own sriracha, here is a sriracha recipe on Serious Eats that will turn you into your own sriracha making machine.
This mango sriracha sauce is now my obsession. I wonder how it will taste if I spread it on my bagel chips beet canape? I am off to go experiment!
I used this mango sriracha spread in an asparagus wonton fries recipe and it was delicious
What is your favorite unique recipes?
How to make mango sriracha sauce
1) Cut 1/2 of a ripe mango into chunks.
2) Take 1/4 a cup of hazelnuts and place it into a chopper. Grind them until they are a fine powder. Remove from the chopper and set aside
3) In the same chopper, add 2 cups of soft tofu
4) Add 1 tsp of lime juice
5) Add the mango chunks
6) Add 1/2 tsp of salt, 1/4 tsp of garlic powder and 1/4 cup of sriracha. If you don’t want it too spicy, add sriracha to your taste
7) Blend the mixture on medium speed and continue until everything is blended
8) Add the ground hazelnut and blend. It should be a cream cheese consistency
Serve the mango sriracha spread immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Mango Sriracha Sauce
- 1/2 mango ripe, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts
- 2 cups soft tofu
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup sriracha
- Grind hazelnut to a fine powder and set aside
- In the same chopper, add tofu, lime juice and mango chunks
- Pulse for a few seconds until its slightly blended
- Add the remaining ingredients, including hazelnut powder
- Blend until its dip consistency