The best Mexican bean dip with Warm Cream Cheese and refried beans. Topped with 3 types of cheese before being heated in the oven. This vegetarian bean dip is super easy to make and tastes soooo good!
Is there a more delicious sight than melted cheese?
This dip has everything I want in my bean dip….
….and then some!
Mexican food is always popular in my home and with all of my readers. There is something very special about eating Mexican recipes. I think its because the food is so comforting and hearty.
This time, I made this refried bean dip using my homemade pressure cooker refried beans. I think it added a nice authentic flavor to this recipe.
Instead of making a layered dip, I decided to blend all the ingredients before placing it in a square casserole dish. I am very impatient when it comes to eating good food.
Layering all the ingredients one-by-one seems like too much work to me. I need something really fast and quick.
This whole dip takes less than 2o minutes to make which is perfect! I can make this dip for game day parties, Cinco De Mayo celebrations or when I feel the need for a little comfort food!
A dip for any occasion!
I am not a big fan of low fat or 1/3 less fan of cream cheese, I thought this was the perfect recipe to challenge my believe system! For this recipe, I went with 1/3 less fat cream cheese and I wasn’t disappointed!
To make it easier to work with, I let it sit on the counter for about 20 minutes. When the cream cheese was warm, I added it to the bean mixture. It blended so well and really brought all the ingredients together!
This is the best looking dip ever made because I put cream cheese in it and that makes all the difference. The cream cheese adds a little creaminess to the dip and makes it really soft.
So, when you put your tortilla chip in it, you get a balanced scoop of beans and cheese.
Am I making you drool yet?
Mexican Bean Dip Recipe
Mexican Bean Dip
- 1.5 cup Red Onions Finely Chopped
- 1 Jalapeno Finely Chopped
- 3/4 Green Bell Pepper Finely Chopped
- 1 Plum Tomato Diced
- 2 cloves Garlic Finely Chopped
- 1/4 cup Black Olives Chopped
- 1/2 block 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Taco Seasoning I used hot and spicy flavored
- 2.5 cup Refried Pinto Beans
- 1/4 cup Salsa Verde
- 1/2 cup Red Salsa I used a slightly sweet version of Red Salsa
- 2 Taco Shells Crumbled
- 2.5 cup Cheese See Notes
- 1/2 Jalapeno
- Preheat oven to 425°
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients except for the taco shells and Cheese
- Mix well and transfer to a square casserole dish
- Top with the shredded cheese. Be generous
- Place it in the oven for 10 minutes
- Remove and serve immediately