This Vegetarian Mexican Street Corn is made with sweet corn with roasted cherry tomatoes. Served in a homemade Taco Bowl. This vegetarian elote recipe is quick dinner recipe.
Are you a fan of street foods?
Do you go hunting for food trucks over the weekend?
I am a huge fan of all kinds of street food.
Especially if it is Mexican food.
Summer time means that there will be food trucks roaming all over and I just can’t wait to try all of them. I have seen loaded Mexican fries, empanadas, bite-sized enchiladas and 10 ingredient burritos. That is some serious street food!
The idea behind street food is that it can be mobile. So, I put them into homemade taco bowls. When the corn is wolfed down, you can devour the bowl too. What could be better!
In this Mexican corn recipe, I decided to add cayenne pepper because I like my Mexican food to have a little kick. The jalapeno add heat, but, cayenne adds a little spice and flavor.
For this corn, I decided to keep it as simple as possible. The only thing that takes time is roasting the cherry tomatoes. While the cherry tomatoes are roasting, you can chop / assemble the other ingredients.
Sweet corn, red onions, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, jalapeno, cotija cheese, cilantro and lime juice come together in this Mexican street corn recipe. It has elements of sweet, spicy and tang which make them absolutely perfect comfort food.
If you like this vegetarian elote recipe, you are also going to love my Mexican corn on the cob elote recipe. I roasted corn in the oven and then rubbed the top with my spice blend and lemon. You have to try it to see how delicious it turned out.
Or, try my vegan elote recipe. It’s made with a homemade white sauce that is to die for!
Have you tried my Cilantro Lime Corn recipe?
What is your favorite street food?
Mexican Street Corn In Taco Bowl
- 2 Cups Sweet Corn
- 1 cup red onions fine chopped
- 1 Tbsp Chipotle peppers in adobe sauce finely chopped
- ¾ cup Cilantro finely chopped
- ½ cup cotija cheese crumbled
- 2 Tbsp Lime Juice
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Jalapeno sliced and deseeded
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper optional
- ¼ cup sour cream
For Roasting The Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes halfed
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp black pepper optional
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat Oven to 325°
- In a bowl, add the halved cherry tomatoes
- Add ¼ tsp salt
- Add ½ tsp black pepper
- Add 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Mix well and place in baking tray
- Bake for 20 minutes or until slightly crispy
- Remove and let them cool for 5 minutes
- In a bowl, add 2 cups of sweet corn
- Add 1 cup of red onions
- Add 1 Tbsp of chipotle pepper, finely diced
- Add the roasted tomaotes
- Add ¾ cup of chopped cilantro
- Add 1 Jalapeno
- Add 1 cup of crumbled cotija cheese
- Add 2 Tbsp lime juice, ½ tsp of salt and 1 tsp of cayenne pepper
- Mix well and then transfer to taco bowl.
- Top with sour cream or my creamy avocado dressing
- Mix well and serve
Art from My Table says
So many great flavors in this dish! Love the taco shell bowl!
Healing Tomato says
Thank you so much! I am so glad you liked it.
Lane & Holly @ With Two Spoons says
This is fabulous! Love all of these flavors!
Healing Tomato says
Thank you, Lane. 🙂