Mac N Cheese Pizza made using Cheez-it. Fun to make and great big game snack. Crunch’d used as a side snack. Its a fun way to eat mac n cheese as an appetizer
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BigGameSnacks #CollectiveBias
Don’t you just love basketball season?
I love all that screaming, shouting, high-fiving and chest bumping that happens during any sports event. More often than not, I am the one doing all that shouting and arm-chair refereeing!
I find myself getting pumped up each basketball season and always inviting my friends to come over. Surprisingly, I never have to twist their arm or bribe them into accepting the invitation.
They say, “YES!!” even before I have had a chance to complete my sentence. At first, I used to think that they are excited to hang out and have a good time while watching the games on TV.
It slowly began to dawn on me that they are actually coming over for all the delicious snacks that they get to eat during the games.
It always makes me happy to cook for my friends. It gives me a chance to come up with all kinds of creative recipes.
This weekend, I made these mini Mac N Cheese Pizza using Cheez-it Grooves. I went to Walmart because they are my snack heaven. There, I purchased the Cheez-it Grooves Zesty Cheddar Ranch flavor and Cheez-it Crunch’d
I had a feeling that the Cheez-it Grooves would add a nice crunchiness to the pizza and so happy to report that the pizzas have a great crunch.
The Crunch’d Hot and Spicy is right up my party goers alley. We are all Indian food lovers and spiciness is our sixth taste bud. I served them with fruits and it was a heavenly mixture.
Cheez-it is holding a Most Valuable Cheese Contest from February to April 2015. You can go vote for your favorite flavors or varieties on their site. Choose from 6 popular flavors. There are games and chances to win $10,000. What would you do with the $10,000?
If you are looking for Big Game Snack Inspirations, Cheez-it has hundreds of recipes to help you find that perfect snack.
What is your favorite Big Game Snack?
How To Make Mini Mac N Cheese Pizza
1) Cook elbow pasta in hot water and strain it. While the macaroni is cooking, pre-heat the oven to 375 degerees
2) I prefer using freshly grated cheese in this recipe. Go with Pepper Jack cheese. It is perfect for any Mac N Cheese Recipe.
3) Crush the Cheez-it Grooves Zesty Cheddar Ranch. You can use a mallet or a food processor.
4) Take large whole wheat tortillas and cut out circular shapes. I like to use diced tomato cans to cut the shape. I use whole wheat because it holds the ingredients better than the regular tortilla. Carefully place the round tortillas into a muffin tray. Be sure to mold the tortillas into the shape of the muffin cavity.
5) Add your favorite pizza sauce (or use my recipe to make pizza sauce)
6) Add the cooked pasta on top of the pizza sauce. I like to add about 10 to each mini mac n cheese pizza
7) Add Jalapeno to the mini Mac N Cheese Pizza. This is optional.
8) Top with the freshly grated cheese
9) Finally, add the crushed cheez-it groves. Gently press down on the ground cheez-it.
10) Place the muffin trays into the oven and let them bake for about 15-20 minutes or until the cheez-it start to brown on the top. Remove from the oven and serve with Cheez-it Crunch’d
Mini Mac N Cheese Pizza
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Crush the Cheez-it Grooves Zesty Cheddar Ranch
- Take large whole wheat tortillas and cut out circular shapes
- Add pizza sauce
- Add one spoonful of cooked pasta on top of the pizza sauce
- Add Jalapeno and top with grated cheese
- Finally, top with the crushed cheez-it groves
- Gently press down on the ground cheez-it.
- Place the muffin trays into the oven and let them bake for about 15-20 minutes or until the cheez-it start to brown
- Carefully remove each mini pizza and cool before serving