This quick 5-minute easy olive salad recipe is packed with good fats and very easy to make. Top it on a whipped feta dip for the perfect Keto, low-carb lunch.
A whole recipe where olives are the key ingredient?
Yes, I love olives and they are my go-to snack. It’s about time they were the center of attention!
Olives love being the center of attention because they are packed with all the good stuff! They make for a light lunch or a delicious side dish.
- Once made, put it into a glass airtight container. This will make the salad last longer.
- Use “dry” sun-dried tomatoes and not those immersed in oils.
- Also, use olives from jars that don’t have any additional ingredients like sugars, guar gum, or bad oils. My favorite jarred olives are large green olives like Spanish olives.
- For the best taste experience, use as many types of olives as you can. I will add black olives or Greek olives occasionally. Each olive adds its own unique taste to the salad. My favorite is kalamata olives
- If the pearl onions you use in this recipe are in brine, wash them first! This will minimize their strong briny flavor.
- I serve this Italian olive salad over a whipped cream cheese and feta cheese dip. If you don’t like whipped feta, you can use cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, or Labneh.
Olives are the best stuff on earth
I can’t sing enough praises of olives! They are, in my humble opinion, are the best stuff on earth. I consider them one of my top 5 favorite foods!
They are packed with good fats (about 80-90% is fat content). They also have:
- Antioxidant properties, with flavones
- Vitamin E
- Omega 3 & 6
- Low cholesterol
- High fiber
- Lots of Iron
- Lots of Copper
…… and the list is endless.
Pair it with extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil for added health benefits. So, include olives in any way you can. Even if it is as simple as eating them out of the jar!
Best appetizer for your holiday guests
I am always being asked for healthy appetizers people can serve their Christmas guests or any holiday. Even for game days, people are searching for healthier snacks and appetizers.
The good thing about this olive salad is that it satisfies a Paleo diet, Whole Foods diet, Keto, low carb, vegan, vegetarian, and even meat eaters! This recipe brings joy to all.
This olive salad can be used in….
Put the ingredients in a food processor and make a classic muffaletta sandwich with the mixture.
More ingredients to add to this olive salad
- Sesame seeds
- Cherry tomatoes
- Red bell peppers
- Pepperoncini / Red peppers
- Lemon Balm
- Red onion and/or artichoke hearts
To make this a great recipe, add a blend of herbs. Serve it by itself, in pita pockets, or in lettuce wraps. Leftover salad can be saved in an airtight container and should be used up in 2 weeks.
Like traditional green salads? I have a collection of my favorite green, legume, and other kinds of salad in one place – 15+ Healthy Salad Recipes.
Sharing is caring
Don’t be shy, chime in below in the comments. Let me hear your opinion on this easy olive salad recipe. If you enjoyed this, please give it 5 stars and share it on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
The BEST Olive Salad Recipe
- Plastic Spatula
- Glass Bowl
- Add all the ingredients in a glass bowl
- Mix well
- Optionally, you can let it marinate for 10 minutes before topping it on a dip
- Refrigerate remaining olive salad and re-use within 2 weeks.