Quick and easy fried rice made with pineapples and jalapeno. This Vegan Pineapple Fried Rice is the perfect side dish or and a lunch recipe.
“What are your favorite pizza toppings?”
Well, since you asked, let me tell you!
Its pineapple and jalapeno!
Did the shocked emoji just jump into your head?
Tips for making this rice
- Make the basmati rice before making the rest of the recipe
- Use pineapple chunks for best results. Or you can cut them into smaller pieces.
- Use the juice that comes with the pineapple because it will make it naturally sweeter. Perfect offset for the jalapenos
- Fresh pineapple is better, but, they are too much work. So, canned pineapple is fine. Check out how Clean & Delicious cuts a pineapple
- This rice is good to refrigerate but don’t freeze it. The rice just won’t hold it’s texture or taste when frozen.
Types of rice to use
I only use Basmati rice and I have admitted to being a snob about it. Its the best rice ever made!
But, the beauty of this pineapple fried rice recipe is that you can substitute it for any rice types. Try wild rice, arborio rice, jasmine rice, brown rice or long grain rice
Elaborate rice recipes are so delicious, but, I am a simple gal who likes simple rice recipes! Just give me a bowl of steamed rice and I will happily dig in!
More rice recipes
Rice eating is inherent for me. Rice is a staple for us, going back at least 10 generations.
So, I have quite a few rice recipes and some of them have even made it to the blog, lol.
Check out some of my favorite rice recipes:
Brussels sprouts with basmati rice is a healthier rice recipe that is very easy to make.
Add coconut milk to cooked rice for an exotic flavored rice recipe.
All you need is one skillet and a few ingredients to make this hearty vegan rice recipe.
Why eat just plain rice when you can have a colorful saffron rice?
Rice with Mexican flavors is exactly what I want to eat today.
What is your favorite type of rice?
Pineapple Fried Rice with Jalapeno (Vegan)
- 1 Tbsp Coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Red Onions finely chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger finely chopped
- 1 Jalapeno finely chopped, deseeded
- 8 Oz Pineapple chunks with pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup Basmati rice cooked
- 1/8 tsp salt optional
- In a pan, add the coconut oil and heat at medium heat for 20 seconds
- Add the onions and let them brown slightly
- Add the ginger and mix.
- After 30 seconds, add the jalapeno
- When the jalapeno are softened after about 3 minutes, add the pineapples and juice
- Let some of the water dissipate before adding the rice
- Adjust for salt, if needed
- Nutrition info is approximate