Quick and Easy 5 Ingredient Pineapple Skewers are the Perfect Summer Grilling Recipe. Takes less than 30 Minutes to Make on the Stove Top or a Grill.
Be prepared to be skewered!
It’s skewer week here on my blog and I can’t wait to show you all the recipes I have in store!
First up, this is the easiest Pineapple Skewer recipe you will ever make!
If you are feeling lazy on some days and don’t feel like making a huge meal, this would be the perfect meal!
Believe me, even though I am a food blogger, some days, I just don’t feel like cooking. The Chinese restaurant menu is just calling my name and I am too weak to resist. “Just this once”, I say to myself, “let someone else do the cooking”
But, the thought of saving money on ordering in is far too alluring and I stop myself from dialing. I rummage through my pantry and come up with the simplest recipe that will require no effort on my part
That’s the origin story of these pineapple skewers.
I had an onion, a red bell pepper and a pineapple can. There was some left over basil pesto from my vegan potato salad which would be the perfect topping for this skewers
The vegetables were roughly cut up and I had pineapple that I bought for my antioxidant smoothie. Since I am addicted to my new stove top grill, I figured I should just put the ingredients into a skewer and grill them!
You can eat these pineapple skewers by itself, but, I also discovered a new product on the market and I tried it out.
There are new mini Naans made by the famous company that makes all the naan products. They have come out with a new mini Naan that can be heated up in a toaster oven!
Can you believe how awesome that is?!?!
I put them on these mini naans and took a bite! It was the best meal I have ever had! It was sweet, juicy, salty and just a little crunchy! All the flavors in one little meal.
Check out some of my homemade pesto recipes. Use anyone of them in this pineapple skewers recipe
Be sure to send me pics of your pineapple skewers when you make them.
What is your favorite quick recipe?
5 Ingredient Pineapple Skewers
- I used six 10″ stainless steel skewers on an 11″ stove top grill
- Take one skewer and start by skewing a red bell pepper piece
- Next, skew the pineapple chunk
- Skew one of the red onion wedge
- Repeat the above steps 2 more times and set it aside
- Complete the process for the remaining 5 skewers
- Heat the stove top grill for about 3 minutes or until completely hot
- Baste the skewers with the Maple syrup and place them on the grill
- Generously baste the skewers with the basil pesto
- Grill each side for about 30 seconds or until browned
- I basted each side with the pesto as I turned the skewers
- Remove from the grill and let them cool for a few seconds
- Serve by itself or on mini Naans