Easy vegan potato salad made only 7 ingredients. Put sauteed arugula and spinach then top it with pesto. Perfect for picnics and cookouts or as a side dish. Version 2
I love colorful potatoes!
Vegan Potato salad is so easy to make. In just under 45 minutes, you will have this perfect dish.
It is no secret that I am attracted to bright colors.
When I saw some colorful potatoes in the grocery aisle, I was like a moth to flame. A vegan potato salad recipe immediately leaped in my mind. A potato salad is not a potato salad until it has some color in it.
For this recipe, I went with Pesto instead of using the traditional mayo. You can use your favorite basil pesto recipe or try my vegan arugula pesto recipe.
The pesto makes this salad very flavorful and it works so well with the sauteed greens. It does have arugula in it just like the pesto. However, all the arugula works really well together with the potatoes and other greens.
I have to stop for and admire the potatoes. Just look at how colorful these tiny potatoes are!!!
This potato salad recipe will delight vegetarians and vegans alike. Even the meat lovers will fight over the last potato
If you are looking for comfort food, then this is perfect for that occasion. It is such a quick and easy recipe that anyone can make it.
Are you looking for tips on how to bake a sweet potato? Read my 5 quick and easy tips on how to bake the perfect sweet potato.
What is your favorite potato recipe for cookouts?
Potato Salad with Vegan Mayo
For the Potato Salad
- Bring a pot of water to boil, then add the potatoes
- Boil the potatoes for 30 minutes or until they pass the knife test
- While the potatoes are boiling, add the oil to a wok
- Heat on medium heat for 30 seconds then add the shallots and carrots
- After 45 seconds, add the spinach and arugula
- If using the salt, add it now. Stir fry on medium heat for only 2 minutes.
- Remove and put them into a serving bowl
- Drain the water in a coriander and then cover with a napkin
- Cut the potatoes into halves
- Add them to the wok and add the pesto
- Mix well and place them in the bowl with the greens
- Mix everything together and garnish with thyme leaves
- Serve immediately
Version 1 of this recipe
Occasionally, I will revisit previous recipes and do a makeover on them. You probably came to this page based on this photo. It was made with vegan mayo. However, I decided to re-vamp the recipe and bring you the new version you see above. I think you will like.