Raspberry Danish put on a stick so that it is more fun to carry. I used brie cheese in the danish because its saltiness is a great offset to the sweetness
Can you smell summer in the air?
I smell the humidity in the air, so, I know summer is just around the corner.
I lived in the north east for most of my life, so, summer was only 3 months out of the year. This made me appreciate every moment of those glorious three months.
Then, I moved to Florida……
In the sunshine state, it feels like 10 months of summer and 2 months of spring.
I have had the hardest time adjusting to this weather. But like everything else in life, I have adopted the “mind-over-matter” philosophy.
The way I am beginning to see it, I have 10 GLORIOUS months to enjoy fun summer foods. Before, I only had 3 short months in which to cram every recipe
I am taking recipes that I would make in the fall and giving it a summer look.
Up north, Danishes are mostly winter and fall. I don’t see any reason to not enjoy these delicacies in the summer.
You must be wondering why I put it on a stick.
Who likes having sticky fingers after enjoying a Danish?
I put it on a stick and eliminated a very unpleasant sticky situation.
Also, I find it easier to do portion control when it is on a stick.
This recipe took only about 45 minutes to make. The hardest part is letting the Puff Pastry thaw at room temperature.
This is good news for me. If there was a contest for the most baking-challenged person, I would win even before the competition started.
Instead of using cream cheese, I decided to go with brie. I like its saltiness combined with the sweetness of the raspberry filling.
I experimented with Strawberries and apricots for this recipe. They were all great, but, raspberry turned out to be my favorite.
In one of my experiments, I included frosting the tips of these Danishes. It was perfect for the strawberries but not for the raspberries.
If you like jam, it will work great in the Danish. How about some Tomato and Raspberry Jam?
I also made pop tarts using puff pastry and fruits.
What is your favorite recipe to enjoy on a stick?
Raspberry Danish On A Stick
Raspberry Danish On A Stick
- 1/2 sheet Puff Pastry Thaw according to instructions
- 1/2 cup Raspberries frozen or fresh
- 3 slices Brie Cheese cut them into rectangle shapes
- 1 Tbsp Agave
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 drops Vanilla essence
- 1 Tbsp vegan butter melted, for basting
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- While the puff pastry is thawing, prepare the filling items
- In a mixing bowl, add the raspberries, agave, brown sugar and vanilla essence
- Mix well
- Set it aside for a few minutes
- Once the puff pastry is thawed, use cookie cutters to get the shape you want
- Place one heart shape on a flat surface
- Layer with the brie first
- Place the Popsicle stick at the halfway mark
- Add about 2-3 raspberries
- Close with the second puff pastry
- Seal by pressing down on the edges using the tip of a fork
- Brush the top side with melted butter
- Gently flip it over and brush the other side with butter
- Place on a baking sheet
- Continue the process for the rest of the puff pastry cut-outs
- Place the baking tray in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until brown
- Remove from the oven and let it cool.
- Serve immediately