If you are looking for a quick dessert, try this roasted pineapples. For vegan, use coconut oil or earth balance butter. Serve it a-la-mode or by itself
The best way to end this week is with roasted pineapples served a-la-mode! There is nothing better than warm pineapple over delicious butter pecan ice cream.
However, you can use these pineapples any way you like. In fact, I am going to use these roasted pineapple in a delicious appetizer coming next week. It may or may not having something to do with bagels.
For now, allow me to introduce you to the roasted pineapples recipe
1) For this recipe, I am using canned pineapples. If you have access to fresh pineapples, use them instead
2) Preheat oven to 400 degrees
3) Take 1/2 a cup of Earth balance butter in a bowl and microwave it for 30 seconds. I use a bowl that was big enough for me to dip one pineapple round. You can also use coconut oil instead of the earth balance butter.
4) Add 2 tsp of Rum. Rum is optional but it really brings out the flavor of roasted pineapples.
5) Add 2 tsp of brown sugar and mix well.
6) Prepare a baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray and set aside
7) Dip the whole pineapple round in the bowl. Make sure you coat it evenly. Use a fork to make things easier
8) Using the fork, pick up the dipped pineapple and place it on the baking sheet
9) Repeat steps 6 and 7 for the second pineapple
10) If there is any liquid left over, use 2 more pineapple rounds
11) Place the baking sheet in the oven and roast for 20 minutes or until the pineapple starts to brown. Remove it from the oven and flip the pineapple. Roast for another 10 minutes or until that side starts to brown.
12) Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
Top with ice cream and serve immediately.
Roasted Pineapples With Rum
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 2 tsp Rum or freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 pineapple rings From a can or fresh
- 2 scoops ice cream (Vegan ice cream)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Microwave to melt the vegan butter in a large bowl
- Add rum (or orange juice) to the butter
- Add brown sugar and mix well.
- Prepare a baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray and set aside
- Use a fork to dip the whole pineapple rings in the bowl and coat evenly.
- Place the coated pineapple on a baking sheet
- Coat the 2nd pineapple ring in the same way
- If there is any liquid left over, use 2 more pineapple rounds
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and roast for 20 minutes or until the pineapple starts to brown.
- Flip the pineapple rings and place back in the oven for another 10 minutes
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Top with ice cream and serve immediately.