Try this simple and light spicy cilantro lime sauce with coconut with your pasta. It can be made under 20 minutes and requires very little effort.
Some days, you just want to eat something light, yet, fulfilling!
Today is one of those days. Lately it seems that I have been making heavy dishes which are carb heavy and cannot be good for the human body.
This spicy coconut lime sauce with pasta dish is perfect for lunch or a quick dinner idea. It’s a lighter version of vegan Alfredo sauce!
Add a quick side salad like this beet salad recipe and you have a well rounded meal on your hands.
I like spaghetti for this recipe because it is hearty enough to be the full meal. However, you can use this sauce with any kind of Pasta. It will go great with fusilli pasta or even linguini.
Navigate This Post
How to use this sauce
- Warm Pasta Salad
- Vegan Elote
- Mediterranean Lentil Salad
- Cauliflower Rice and Vegan Sausage
- Top it on chili tacos
This recipe has a very distinct Thai flavor to it. Adding pasta to it gives it a little Italian flare. Don’t you just love fusion cuisine?
What is your favorite light dish to prepare?
Spicy Coconut Cilantro Lime Sauce
For the Lemon and Coconut Sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- 5 leaves cilantro
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 sprig green onion
- ½ lime juiced
- 2 Thai Chili
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil or sunflower oil
- ¼ cup water
For the Linguini
- 1 pound linguini
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- water to cook the linguini
- Boil water and add the linguini, oil and salt
- In a mini food processor, add all the ingredients for the sauce except the coconut milk
- Pulse about 5 times or until the ingredients are finely chopped
- Introduce the coconut milk slowly and stir well
- Add the sauce to the pasta and mix well.