Thank you Weight Watchers, General Mills and Publix for sponsoring this post. All the opinions expressed in this post are my opinions.
It is a new year which means that it is a perfect time to begin your healthy new year resolution. This spinach smoothie is packed with protein, iron, omega 3, Vitamin C and Vitamin A.
Look at the vibrant green color! I bet it makes you want to
There is nothing quite like starting out your new year with a healthy smoothie. When I have a big day, I try to keep this smoothie with me for lunch. Even when I can’t eat on time, I have this wonderful smoothie that I can eat and be satisfied for the rest of the day.
This smoothie works as a lunch for me. For some of you, it might work better as a breakfast smoothie. I find that I am more focused after drinking this smoothie. This will keep your focus on the tasks you have planned for the day.
Also, I think this smoothie will be a great post workout drink.
I will be the first to tell you that I am not one to count calories. For me, it is a exercise in futility. However, those that are more sensible than me, this recipe uses some weight watchers approved products like the spinach and yogurt.
Every year, I have a list of healthy things I should be do. On top of that list is to count calories and every year, I fail horribly at that one task.
Yet, I still put it on my list every year.
Have you tried my tomatillo smoothie?
What health thing is on your bucket list for this year?
How to Make Spinach Smoothie
Spinach Smoothie with Weight Watchers Endorsed Products
- 6 oz Spinach frozen, chopped, thawed
- 1 cup yogurt Yoplait low fat
- 2 bananas (semi-ripe)
- 1 cup dates
- 1/2 cup flax seed meal
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup pistachios (unsalted and shells removed)
- 1/2 cup ice cubes crushed
- Take the thawed spinach and squeeze all the water out of it
- Roughly chop the bananas
- Place the ingredients, except the almond milk, into a juicer or smoothie maker
- Pulse the ingredients while adding the almond milk slowly
- Keep the pulse setting until the mixture has a smooth consistency.
- Serve the spinach smoothie immediately