Take your regular spring salad and put it on flatbread pizza. This is a quick meal and fun pizza night recipe. Flatbread made from Naan, Pesto & Cheese
Punxsutawney Phil can tell you when winter is going to be done. I have my own way of seeing when spring has began.
When I see delicious varieties of tomatoes all around me, that is how I know that spring has sprung
Spring is in the air because I just saw my local grocery store make extra stands just for the new varieties of tomatoes that are about to make their spring debut.
I feel the need to cleanse myself from all the winter blues with this healthy salad recipe. Sure, there is heaps of cheese on the flatbread. My opinions is that if I cannot see the how much cheese in the recipe, then there is no cheese in it.
The weather is just too nice, so, I didn’t want to waste my day sweating in a hot kitchen. Instead, I put together a very quick spring salad and took it to a picnic.
I have learned the secret to a good spring salad recipe. It is color! A vibrant salad recipe will get me to dig in with two forks!
Make this spring salad when you are by yourself because I guarantee you that you will not want to share it with anyone.
It is that good.
I should have used it for this spring salad recipe.
Instead, I went with a balsamic vinaigrette reduction. If you can find this pomegranate balsamic vinaigrette, use that for the reduction. It is the perfect blend of sweetness and sourness.
Also, since it is already sweet, I didn’t have to add too much agave to it.
What is your favorite thing about Spring?
Spring Salad On Flatbread Pizza
For The Balsamic Reduction Sauce
- 3/4 cup pomegranate balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup agave
For the Flatbread Pizza
- 1 flatbread or naan
- 1 cup basil pesto
- 2 cup pepper jack cheese
- 2 mini sweet peppers
For the Spring Salad
- 2 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup red cherry tomatoes (each cut into half)
- 1 cup yellow cherry tomatoes (each cut into half)
- 1/4 cup pecans
Prepare the balsamic vinaigrette reduction
- In a medium pan, add the pomegranate balsamic vinaigrette and agave
- Heat on high heat and bring it to a boil
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes
- Let it cool for about 5 minutes
Assemble the Recipe
- Prepare the Flatbread first. It is very simple to make.
- Take the baby spinach and top it on the flatbread. Be generous
- Cut the 2 varieties of cherry tomatoes into half and top it on the flatbread
- Top the pecans (Walnuts work great also)
- Drizzle with the balsamic vinaigrette reduction