Stir Fry Snow Peas With Carrots with Asian flavors. Topped with walnuts for a yummy crunch. This is perfect lunch meal or a side dish. Vegan / Vegetarian
How do snow peas get their name? I have been all over the internet and there is no answer anywhere.
What makes them “Snow” peas? There is nothing “snowy” about them, right?
If anyone has an answer for me, I will be grateful for the solved mystery.
Today’s recipe is a very quick stir fry recipe. I like making a quick lunch with healthy ingredients like snow peas and carrots with extra garlic and ginger.
When I feel like I am coming down with something or I am feeling run down, I make a recipe full of ginger, like this ginger energy drink.
Ginger has amazing healing powers.
For this stir fry snow peas, there are only 5 ingredients. The idea is to have a quick and healthy lunch. I went with balsamic vinegar and a little soy sauce. There is agave in it to add a little natural sweetness
You can put this recipe in a pita sandwich or just eat it by itself. Either way, it is delicious.
What is your favorite way to eat snow peas?
Read more about Snow Peas on Wikipedia
Recipe for Stir Fry Snow Peas
1) Take 8 oz of snow peas and 8 oz of julienne carrots. Wash and dry them both thoroughly
2) In a stir fry pan, add 1 Tbsp of sunflower oil and heat on low
3) Add 2 cloves of garlic (cut thinly and lengthwise) and 1/2 tsp of freshly grated ginger
4) Stir for about 1 minute and make sure the ginger doesn’t stick to the pan
5) Add 2 Tbsp of balsamic vinegar, 1 tsp of soy sauce and 2 tsp of agave. Mix well and warm it for about 30 seconds
6) Add the snap peas and carrots. Add 1/2 tsp of salt (optional) and mix well. I added a 1/2 tsp of dried oregano but it is optional
7) Add 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts. Cook for about 5-7 minutes on medium heat or until the carrots are tender
8) Transfer to a bowl or into a pita pocket. If you have sesame seeds, add it to the bowl
Serve the Stir Fry Snow Peas immediately
Stir Fry Snow Peas With Carrots (Vegan)
- In a hot stir fry pan, add sunflower oil and heat on low
- Add garlic and freshly grated ginger
- Stir for about 1 minute and make sure the ginger doesn't stick to the pan
- Add balsamic vinegar, soy sauce and agave
- Add the snap peas and carrots
- Mix in salt (optional) and dried oregano
- Add chopped walnuts & cook for about 5-7 minutes on medium heat
- Transfer to a bowl or into a pita pocket. If you have sesame seeds, add it to the bowl
- Serve the Stir Fry Snow Peas immediately