Quick Vegetarian Recipe for Tomato and Mushroom Spaghetti. It is very easy to make. It is low in Carbs and Trans-Fat and Vegetarian. For Vegan, omit Cheese
Ok, I am a little late posting this tomato and mushroom spaghetti recipe. I couldn’t bring myself to post it because I didn’t like any of the pictures I took. Wish I could say it was because I am a perfectionist. The sad fact is: it is because I am bad a photography.
Sometimes! Or maybe, the tomato and mushroom spaghetti just didn’t want their good side photographed! They can be such Divas….
The combination of mushrooms, tomatoes and garlic is enough to make your taste buds jump in joy!. The cherry tomatoes have a tangyness to it, the mushrooms have a slight salty taste and garlic has a spice taste to it. Together, they create a jumping taste party and I love how it clears my sinuses……
You know, while I was making this mushroom spaghetti, I was counting the many mistakes I have made in my life. Do you do that often? Cooking is a time for my mind to sit back and take stock of my life. This time, I was focusing on the mistakes in my life.
Next cooking time, I am going to focus on the things that went right in my life.
Frankly, you don’t even need the spaghetti or any pasta in this recipe. You can eat this by itself or add it to your favorite greens as a salad.
But, this time, I am going to use it in whole wheat spaghetti. It is filing and that is what I am looking for.
When the pasta was done, I simply bought together the roasted vegetables with the spaghetti. Done in under 30 minutes. Fresh ground pepper tastes so good on the tomatoes that I ate half of them just as I was pulling them out of the oven.
I thought about adding more veggies to the recipe but then thought against it. While mess up a good thing by adding too many items? And it will take longer to make the recipe.
I served this with a my homemade garlic toast
Now, if you will excuse me, I am going to go and enjoy this delicious tomato and mushroom spaghetti. Feel free to let me know what you think about the recipe.
Roasted Tomato and Mushroom Spaghetti
Taste and The Tomato and Mushroom Spaghetti
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees
- In a medium pan, bring water to boil and place the uncooked spaghetti
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into halves, lengthwise
- Slice the mushrooms thinly, lengthwise
- Cut the garlic thinly and lengthwise
- Pasta will be done in about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, place the tomatoes and mushrooms
- Add the olive oil, oregano, parsley, half of the chopped garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well
- After 5 minutes transfer to baking tray
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes or until tomatoes turn crispy
- In a medium pan, add the remaining oil and let it heat for about 20 seconds
- Add the Thai chili and remaining garlic. Wait 1 minute
- Add the spaghetti, salt and a few cloves of garlic. Cook for about 2 minutes
- In the same mixing bowl, place the spaghetti at the bottom
- Pull the grilled mushrooms and tomatoes over the spaghetti
- Mix the pasta and spaghetti well.
- Top with Parmesan and Coriander