Quick vegan buttercream recipe for cupcakes or cakes. This is a fun recipe to make and it takes only a few minutes to make. The recipe uses vegan sugar and vegan shortening. Ready in 20 minutes
Vegan buttercream frosting is easy to make. Sure, I have to do air quotes every time I say those three words together, but, it is worth it.
I love frosting just as much as the next gal. I love licking the bowl and the mixture blade. It may not come as surprise to you that I can sit with a bowl of frosting in my lap as I work on the computer or watch a movie
The frosting gets consumed even before the copyright warnings are done. For the rest of the movie, I am licking the bowl clean.
However, I am not a fan of eggs. Never have been and never will be.
So, I have perfected a buttercream recipe over the years and finally I have a product that is worth licking the bowl over.
This frosting uses shortening because it holds up great when decorating cakes or cupcakes.
I added (affiliate link) natural pink coloring that I bought online. They are very affordable and they use all natural ingredients to make the coloring. I used this buttercream frosting on my strawberry cupcakes and mini strawberry cupcakes.
If you like this vegan dessert recipe, try my vegan crinkle cookies too.
How to make Vegan Buttercream Frosting
1 . Take 1 cup of (affiliate link) vegan confectioners sugar. I like to sieve the sugar in a separate bowl and set it aside.
2. In a separate bowl, add 1 cup of vegetable shortening
3. Using a hand mixture, blend on low speed for about 7 minutes or until it becomes smooth. Add vanilla essence and blend for 30 more seconds
4. Add the sieved confectioners sugar to the shortening
5. Blend with a hand mixture on low speed. Blend until the shortening and sugar mix
6. Add 1 Tbsp of almond milk and blend again. Blend until all the mixture is blended well together and it is light and fluffy.
7. Add 1-2 drops of natural food coloring and mix well.
8. Frost with it immediately and serve.
Note: Refrigerate it for up to 2 weeks. To use after refrigeration, remove and let it stand until room temperature. Blend for a few minutes before using it.
Vegan Buttercream Frosting
- 1 cup confectioners sugar I use wholesome's organic confectioners sugar which is vegan friendly
- 1 cup vegetable shortening You can sub it with softened vegan butter
- 2 drops vanilla essence
- 1 Tbsp almond milk
- 2 drops natural pink food coloring
- Sieve confectioners sugar in a bowl and set it aside
- In a separate bowl, add vegetable shortening
- Using a hand mixture, blend on low speed for about 7 minutes or until it becomes smooth.
- Add the vanilla essence and sieved confectioners sugar to the shortening
- Blend with a hand mixture on low speed. Blend until the shortening and sugar mix.
- Add almond milk and food coloring
- Blend until all the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Frost with it immediately and serve.
- Refrigerate it for up to 2 weeks. To use after refrigeration, remove and let it become room temperature. Blend for a few minutes before using it.??
- If you don’t have powdered sugar, take the regular vegan sugar and finely grind it in a coffee or spice blender