Avocado Dressing – The simplest avocado recipe ever made. This vegan dressing takes 10 minutes to make and uses only 5 ingredients. Use it on salads or french fries
Avocado was never my favorite. It was an acquired taste for me.
“Avocado, avocado, where forth art thou avocado?”
When my mind wanders, it likes to substitute food into famous lines. My favorite is “Clove means never having to say you are sorry”. Or how about, “Yogurt complete me”. This one is funny too: “That’ll do Fig, That’ll do!”
Ok, one last one: “I wish I knew how to quinoa you!”
Now that I have gotten that out of my system, let me tell you abut this vegan creamy avocado dressing. I use almond milk in it to give it the creaminess because it is better when it is vegan. You can always sub it for whole milk, if you prefer.
This dressing will go great on any salad, but, I am going to use it in an amazing French fries recipe which is coming soon to this blog. This is not the first time avocado has been paired with French fries on my blog. I used it in my Gyros recipe and that made the recipe that much better.
In the meantime, make this avocado dressing and keep it ready. You are going to use it on some delicious French fries. Or, put it into a spinach salad to make a delicious lunch idea.
Give me your favorite “Food substituted in a famous line” in the comments below. Let me see just how creative you can get. Bonus points for those who can use tomato in a famous line
Creamy Avocado Dressing Recipe (Vegan)
1) In a food processor, add 1 avocado that is peeled and roughly chopped
2) Add 2 tsp of freshly squeezed lime juice
3) Add 1 tsp of salt and black pepper. Black pepper is optional
4) Add 1/2 cup of almond milk. If you prefer creamier, add more almond milk
5) Add 2 Tbsp of water and blend on low speed until it is well blended
Transfer to a bottle and refrigerate for 30 minutes. You can store it for up to 2 weeks in the fridge
Other ingredients you can add to this dressing: Red onions, roasted garlic, tarragon, olive oil, cilantro or dill.
Avocado Dressing (Creamy And Vegan)
- 1 avocado
- 2 tsp lime juice freshly squeezed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup almond milk (adjust for texture preference)
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp black pepper (optional)
- In a food processor, add 1 avocado that is peeled and roughly chopped
- Add 2 tsp of freshly squeezed lime juice
- Add 1 tsp of salt and black pepper. Black pepper is optional
- Add 1/2 cup of almond milk. If you prefer creamier, add more almond milk
- Add 2 Tbsp of water and blend on low speed until it is well blended