Looking for a healthier substitute for creme fraiche? This vegan fresh cream will truly satisfy that craving! Uses only 4 ingredients and made in 15 minutes or less.
I have always loved Fresh Cream, but, I didn’t have a vegan version. So, I kept using the vegetarian version.
Vegans shouldn’t have to miss out on fresh cream just because it’s not vegan.
Now, I am glad that I made a vegan version and it is delicious.
I had noooo idea just how easy it would be to make creme fraiche!!
It always seemed like an intimidating recipe to convert for vegans. Then, I started researching it and found a perfect substitute using only 4 ingredients! Best part is that it took less than 15 minutes to make!
The hardest part was to drain the soft tofu and that was no trouble either. I used paper towels to soak the water and that was all it needed.
Once it is drained, I just put it into a food processor, added nutritional yeast, lime juice and almond milk. Just like that, I had my very own vegan version of creme fraiche!
In my version, I don’t put any salt. That is because this creme fraiche is never consumed by itself. Since it is always part of a recipe, I leave the salt to the recipe itself. This way, I have more control over the salt amount.
I cannot tell you how delighted I am to bring this recipe. It is one of the easiest recipes I have ever made and it is an awesome substitute for those of us who cannot consume the real creme fraiche.
I used this creme fraiche in a pasta dish that is perfect weeknight dinner recipe
Talking about missing recipes, have you signed up for my free newsletter? I will deliver free recipes directly to your inbox!
What recipe can’t you wait to try using this vegan creme fraiche?
Vegan Creme Fraiche Recipe
- Take half of the contents of silken tofu and refrigerate the remaining
- Place a paper towel on a plate and put the tofu on top
- Cover with another paper towel and lightly weigh it down. I took a light plate and placed it on top
- After 5 minutes, take the drained tofu and place it in a food processor
- Add 3 Tbsp of nutritional yeast to the processor
- Add 2 Tbsp of lime juice (or lemon juice).
- Add 1/4 cup of almond milk and blend the contents on low speed until it is of creamy consistency
- If it feels to dense, add 2 tsp of almond milk