This easy Vegan Crinkle Cookies recipe with matcha, lemon zest and crushed pistachios make the perfect holiday desserts. They also make the perfect gift for anyone.
As you may know, I am not a baker. Infact, just the thought of baking something makes me stop breathing! Baking requires a level of precision that I just find it difficult to use.
However, I see crinkle cookies all over the internet everyday and they make me drool! I thought it was about time I created an easy and scrumptious vegan crinkle cookies.
** This post contains affiliate link
My recipe is inspired by The Nut Free Wok’s Lemon Crinkle Cookies. Sharon is one of the strongest people I know and she is also a very talented chef. These lemon cookies are so delicious that I couldn’t wait to make them.
If you are not a fan of Matcha, you can skip them in this recipe. They provide color and a little flavor to the recipe. Personally, I think Matcha makes these vegan crinkle cookies really stand out.
The dominant flavor in these cookies is the lemon zest. It really makes these cookies taste so good and aromatic. You can use lime zest too, if you prefer.
So, one of my New Year’s resolution is going to be more baking. If I can make these amazing crinkle cookies, I think I can handle cakes and cupcakes, right?
These cookies turned out really moist and soft. I refrigerated them and took them out today and they remained just as moist. Bite into this cookie and find yourself transported to heaven!
I think I am going to gift friends with this crinkle cookies. Do you know of anyone who doesn’t like getting cookies as gifts? I don’t think so.
Have you tried my vegan shortbread cookies?
What dessert do you find challenging to make?
Easy Crinkle Cookies Recipe (Vegan)
Vegan Crinkle Cookies
- 2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Pistachios Finely Ground
- 1 tsp Matcha
- 1 cup Vegan Sugar I Used Organic Cane Sugar
- 1 drop Vanilla Essence
- 1/2 cup Vegan Butter Softened
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 3/4 cup Almond Milk I added an additional 2 Tbsp of Almond Milk
- Zest from 1 Lemon
- Vegan Powdered Sugar For Dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a big bowl, sieve the all purpose flour
- Add all the ingredients (except powdered sugar) to the bowl in the order listed above
- Mix well with your hands. Don't overwork the mixture. It should be sticky and if not, add about 2 Tbsp more almond milk
- Make small balls from the mixture. I got about 25 cookies
- Throw them in a bowl filled with the powdered sugar and give them a generous coat of it
- Line them on a baking tray. Keep ample space between them because they will expand
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for 13-15 minutes. When you see the edges turning light brown, they are done.
- Let them cool before serving