This vegan meatloaf recipe is easy to make. I made it with rice, veggies and marinara sauce. Its the perfect dinner recipe for any day of the week
This recipe was sponsored by Mezzetta Pasta Sauces. All opinions are my own.
How about a vegan meatloaf for dinner tonight?
I made this using all fresh vegetables, lentils and rice. Then, I topped it with Mezzetta Pasta Sauce.
That is all!
This is an easy and healthy meatloaf recipe that everyone can make for dinner tonight or any night of the week. My favorite ingredient in this recipe has to be the pasta sauce
I have been known to eat pasta sauces out of the jar. There were times when I have finished the jar of pasta sauce in one sitting. No pasta required. The first thing I did when I brought the jar of pasta sauce home was to taste it. I finished about half the jar before I stopped myself.
Having an easy meatloaf recipe with this sauce was important for me because turning popular recipes into vegan versions is always a challenge.
Instead of mashing the ingredients, I decided to keep them whole. The result was that this vegan meatloaf was moist and flavorful. The only difference is that the meatloaf wasn’t as compact as I would have liked it to be but compact meatloaf is overrated.
This pasta sauce is so delicious by itself. If you want something quick just add spaghetti to it and you will have a very delicious dinner on your hands with very little effort.
So, are you ready to make meatloaf?
How To Make Vegan Meatloaf Recipe
1) In a medium pan, add 2 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil. Set the heat to medium and let it warm up for 3o seconds then add 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds
2) Add 1/2 cup of shredded carrots
3) Add 1 cup of red peppers cut into cubes
4) Add 1 cup of cubed zucchini
5) Add 1/2 cup of frozen corn after microwaving it for 30 seconds
6) Add 1/2 tsp of salt
7) Add 1/2 tsp of rosemary, basil and oregano. Mix well and let it sit on the stove at low heat for about 10 minutes. All I want to do is soften the veggies a little and flavor them
8) While that is on the stove, take a large bowl and add 1 cup of spinach. I used frozen spinach which I warmed up for 30 seconds in the microwave
9) Add 2 cups of cooked lentil
10) Add 2 cups of cooked brown rice
11) Add 1/2 of an apple cut into large cubes. I like them large, but, you can keep them small if you like.
12) Add 1/2 cup of Panko bread crumbs
13) Add 3 tbsp of flax seed meal
14) Add 1 cup of Mezzetta’s Napa Valley Home Made Sauce. The pic says 1/2 cup, but, I added it twice. I wanted to make sure that there was just the right amount of sauce.
15) Add the veggie mixture to the mixing bowl and mix everything well. Set aside for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, take a meatloaf pan and line it with parchment paper. Also preheat the oven to 400 degrees
16) Start adding the vegan meatloaf mixture. Add slowly and be sure to compact it as much as possible. I used a meatloaf pan size of 4.4″ x 8.4″ x 2.5″ and made sure that the whole mixture fitted into it.
17) Top the vegan meatloaf with more mezzetta pasta sauce. I used about 2 cups worth of sauce to line the top of the meatloaf.
18) Place it in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until the sides start to char. I placed it in the bottom tray.
19) Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for about 10 minutes.
20) Pull it out of the pan by holding it from the parchment paper. Lift carefully and then cut it into slices. Cutting it might be a little difficult and it might fall apart a little. That is fine too.
Homemade Vegan Meatloaf recipe
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup carrots shredded
- 1 cup red peppers cubed
- 1 cup zucchini cubed
- 1/2 cup corn frozen
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp rosemary dried or fresh
- 1/2 tsp basil dried or fresh
- 1/2 tsp oregano dried or fresh
- 1 cup spinach frozen
- 2 cups lentil cooked
- 2 cups brown rice cooked
- 1/2 green apple cut into large cubes
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp flax seed meal
- 1 cup Pasta Sauce Mezzetta Pasta Suace (to put inside the meatloaf)
- 2 cups Pasta Sauce Mezzetta Pasta Suace (for basting the top of the vegan meatloaf)
In a medium pan, heat the extra virgin olive oil on medium
Warm up for 30 seconds then add 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds
Add 1/2 cup of shredded carrots
Add 1 cup of red peppers cut into cubes
Add 1 cup of cubed zucchini
Add 1/2 cup of frozen corn
Add 1/2 tsp of salt
Add dried spices and mix well
Cook for about 10 minutes on medium and stirring constantly
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400 degrees
Add the spinach and cooked lentil to the pan
Add 2 cups of cooked brown rice
Add the Apple, Panko bread crumbs and flax seed meal
Add 1 cup of Mezzetta's Napa Valley Home Made Pasta Sauce.
Add the veggie mixture to the mixing bowl and mix everything well.
Set aside for about 10 minutes.
Take a meatloaf pan and line it with parchment paper.
Add the vegan meatloaf mixture to the pan, packing it tightly
Top the vegan meatloaf with more mezzetta pasta sauce
Place meatloaf pan in oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until the sides start to char
Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for about 10 minutes.
Lift the parchment paper out of the pan
Cut into thick slices and serve
I used a meatloaf pan size of 4.4" x 8.4" x 2.5"
Nutritional info is approximate